The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

11 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Right now JT, who is playing LW not Center, is tied for 1st in LW scoring in the entire league.  Imho he is the mvp thus far.  His addition had brought leadership, scoring and grit at a level that makes it a great trade.

Can't believe Benning gave up a 1st for that bum! 

:bigblush:

Miller has been great. He also seems like a bit of a moody person, never smiles during a game, rarely see him smile during interviews. Getting into that altercation with Boeser a few games ago. In fact, I sense his frustration with this team. I hope he doesn't get fed up with the inconsistencies and losing. He came from winning teams with NYR and TB, so this must be a new challenge for him.  

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Miller has been great. He also seems like a bit of a moody person, never smiles during a game, rarely see him smile during interviews. Getting into that altercation with Boeser a few games ago. In fact, I sense his frustration with this team. I hope he doesn't get fed up with the inconsistencies and losing. He came from winning teams with NYR and TB, so this must be a new challenge for him.  

If I were betting, I'd bet he's a whole lot happier here getting legit top 6 minutes and being a key piece of the team. Maybe New York was more like that for him, but I don't think Tampa was a very positive experience for him.

And yeah, if he's a bit scowly when the team is blowing leads, I can get behind that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nzan said:

If I were betting, I'd bet he's a whole lot happier here getting legit top 6 minutes and being a key piece of the team. Maybe New York was more like that for him, but I don't think Tampa was a very positive experience for him.

And yeah, if he's a bit scowly when the team is blowing leads, I can get behind that.

He is such a competitor and so smart, exactly the kind of players they need. I'm thrilled with Miller on this team, leads them in goals, on pace for a career year. I just wish most of the rest of them would put in the same effort. Pearson and Leivo have disappreared. Graovac is not the answe r weither, but he'll be abck in Utica soon. It will be good to get Sutter, Roussel and Ferland back in the lineup,. Maybe that will give them some oomph. 

• Upvote 2

On November 28, 2019 at 10:09 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Hard to imagine that he is really upset about going from 9th in forwards ice time in Tampa with less than 15 minutes per game, to 2nd on Vancouver with over 20 minutes per game and much better linemates.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 10:09 AM, NUCKER67 said:

I wouldn't say that he's 'moody'.  He seems very serious about the game of hockey, but sometimes I see him interacting and laughing with players on the bench. 

Given JT's strong leadership drive, I would think he is thrilled to be in a situation where he is a leader such a young and promising team.  He is also a 1st line player who is putting up fantastic #s.  He's at the top of his game, but it's unlikely that this would be happening for him over in Tampa.

I can't say I know anything about an altercations with Boeser.  Could you send me a link pls?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I wouldn't say that he's 'moody'.  He seems very serious about the game of hockey, but sometimes I see him interacting and laughing with players on the bench. 

Given JT's strong leadership drive, I would think he is thrilled to be in a situation where he is a leader such a young and promising team.  He is also a 1st line player who is putting up fantastic #s.  He's at the top of his game, but it's unlikely that this would be happening for him over in Tampa.

I can't say I know anything about an altercations with Boeser.  Could you send me a link pls?

It was far from an altercation, lol. Huge exaggeration. He simply had a pointed coaching moment with him on the bench. People are beyond soft if they think theres anything wrong with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/28/2019 at 10:09 AM, NUCKER67 said:

I'm willing to bet any frustration Miller might be feeling is offset by the fact that he's been given the opportunity to be a core piece here, rather than a peripheral piece like he was in Tampa. 

With his OT goal tonight, Miller has tied his 13 goals from last year (75 games), doing it in just 30 games this year. He's on pace for 85 points, which would demolish his previous best of 58 points.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

With his OT goal tonight, Miller has tied his 13 goals from last year (75 games), doing it in just 30 games this year. He's on pace for 85 points, which would demolish his previous best of 58 points.

and he seems to pot em at crucial times in games which is more important, you can score points but if you still lose by being out scored then how does that help anything but personal stats?  Or like how you said for instance OT winner...  says it all..    and fans said JB paid too much?  NOT! One F of a player!  JB smoked one out of the park, for a condition first that may or may not ever make the nhl, odds are so/so at best plus we have a log jam at forward with Hogs n Pods on their way, plus madden, etc so it was pretty good timing and again, JB killed it...  delivered a top 6 guy and came out in spades..  and he looks like he's having a blast out there and not heading for a crash anytime soon, even losing a player in the upcoming draft won't hurt too much because of excess of forwards but JT is perfect for the team now and for the next few years as we get even better as JB gets out of the 2 LOU contracts and we'll be at par again with no bad contracts after that, things are looking up!  

whoa Rous is klling it too!   good timing getting him back..  

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

darn

well for those who like shiny draft pick coupons

i think we could trade miller for a higher ranked 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder

because of his production and great contract

who is for trading him now for some draft picks ?

Reminds me of Kesler, his attitude, style of play, heavy shot. 

Doesn’t have that trash talk or physical edge as Kes did, but he does finish his checks. It’s still early though, you never know.

So nice to have a player like that again.

5 hours ago, J-23 said:

Reminds me of Kesler, his attitude, style of play, heavy shot. 

Doesn’t have that trash talk or physical edge as Kes did, but he does finish his checks. It’s still early though, you never know.

So nice to have a player like that again.

He has an edge to his game that BB does not and that EP40 is trying to have. My hope is that Miller can teach these two. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

He has an edge to his game that BB does not and that EP40 is trying to have. My hope is that Miller can teach these two. 

Not only for those two players, but for a number of young guys.  I don't think JB could have found a better mentor for the team's young forwards than Jonathan Tanner Miller.

• Upvote 2

Just now, higgyfan said:

Not only for those two players, but for a number of young guys.  I don't think JB could have found a better mentor for the team's young forwards than Jonathan Tanner Miller.

He has a mental toughness that shines. I love his interviews. A very intelligent hockey guy. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

He has a mental toughness that shines. I love his interviews. A very intelligent hockey guy. 

56 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

IMO; of all the acquisitions that JB made in the off season, J.T. Miller is by far the best of the bunch and well worth a 1st round pick regardless of which year it turns out to be.

• Upvote 2