Draft: Colorado, 1st round (23rd overall), 2014 NHL Entry, St. Louis

Photo of

Joseph Morrow

Position: D •  Shoots: Left

6-0196lb (183cm, 88kg)

Born: December 91992 (Age: 27-055d) in Edmonton, Alberta ca

Draft: Pittsburgh, 1st round (23rd overall), 2011 NHL Entry

• Haha 3

JT Miller was a beast today against the Canes.  Very physical, making plays, and playing like he was pissed off.

This guy fills so many roles with his style of play. He can pass, shoot, score, hit, dig in the corners, etc.  I wonder if JB has his eye on any other players similar to JT.

Edit: we need his equivalent on defense.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 2

Photo of

Tim Erixon

6-2200lb (188cm, 90kg)

Born: February 241991 (Age: 28-343d) in Port Chester, New York us

Draft: Calgary, 1st round (23rd overall), 2009 NHL Entry

Photo of

Tyler Cuma

6-2196lb (188cm, 88kg)

Born: January 191990 (Age: 30-014d) in Toronto, Ontario ca

Draft: Minnesota, 1st round (23rd overall), 2008 NHL Entry

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

JT Miller was a beast today against the Canes.  Very physical, making plays, and playing like he was pissed off.

This guy fills so many roles with his style of play. He can pass, shoot, score, hit, dig in the corners, etc.  I wonder if JB has his eye on any other players similar to JT.

He's been such a huge influence on the team in so many ways.  I know a lot of people think Marky should be the MVP, but I'm with JT.  He's changed this team so much that I really don't think they would have come together like they have, or as quickly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edler with the mindset of Bulldog.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, higgyfan said:

He's been such a huge influence on the team in so many ways.  I know a lot of people think Marky should be the MVP, but I'm with JT.  He's changed this team so much that I really don't think they would have come together like they have, or as quickly.

“Cough” Hughes “cough”

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

JT Miller has been getting more and more aggressive lately.  I love it.  Tonight he is hitting and cross checking when needed. 

I hope that mean nasty attitude is rubbing off on the team...exactly what we need.  The fact Virtanen fought is a good sign too.

Virtanen prob felt some heat for not stepping up after Petey got hit last game

I have just seen unfriendly looks between them over the last month or so.  Also have noticed a few discussions between them coming back to the bench that looked heated.  Nothing that I can quote but just a feeling.

• Upvote 1

One thing that I didn't realize about Miller until we got him is that he is actually a power forward. A power forward with skill and speed. Well worth a 1st rounder. 

Only knock on him might be that sometimes, he slows the play down too much. Noticed a few times where there was a moment or two to pass the puck to Petey and he chose to keep the puck. I understand that he doesn't want to give away possession in case the pass doesn't connect but sometimes you've gotta take some chances.

On 2/10/2020 at 6:01 PM, khay said:

One thing that I didn't realize about Miller until we got him is that he is actually a power forward. A power forward with skill and speed. Well worth a 1st rounder. 

Only knock on him might be that sometimes, he slows the play down too much. Noticed a few times where there was a moment or two to pass the puck to Petey and he chose to keep the puck. I understand that he doesn't want to give away possession in case the pass doesn't connect but sometimes you've gotta take some chances.

Well looking at his skill set and nastiness, we got exactly what this team needed and we could not have got a better player who was up for grabs, JB killed it! 

• Upvote 1

That first rounder in deep draft year might just be worth it for a 26 year old, power forward in Miller. 

I love picks and prospects, but JT has changed the way this team plays. 

I'm so glad he's a Canuck, and he's signed to such a great deal. 

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

That first rounder in deep draft year might just be worth it for a 26 year old, power forward in Miller. 

I love picks and prospects, but JT has changed the way this team plays. 

I'm so glad he's a Canuck, and he's signed to such a great deal. 

Meh. Every draft year is a deep draft year until it isnt.

2012- "this draft could be the best since 2003"

2020- lol

Screenshot_20200216-110538_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

2020- lol

Yeah and add to that, the percentage of the probability of making it in the NHL sharply can drop off after the first 3 picks usually and how often have we got in the top 3? With our luck? Ugh... Add to that even top pick has been a bust when a McDavid was expected...

People forgot about that when JT was traded for, as gm do you make the surefire safe bet or do you sacrifice for a risk?

At this stage of our build, JB did the right thing.. tired of this franchise selling out our future to appease the "win it all now" crowd instead of building.. how well has that worked for us so far? Thinking the zero Stanley cups no matter how close we got answers that.. 

We're close to that finally but still a cpl years away, and having to draft a kid that will "hopefully" become a JT Miller would have been redundant and he can help mentor as he came with leadership skills. I was shocked by how many even considered we lost on JT's trade.. way the opposite.. as of today, JT is tied for points with Petey and Ovechkin at 57 points.

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

2020- lol

That 2012 draft year in hindsight looks decent actually. 

Supposedly this year is supposed to be a deep draft. We'll see what prospects we land come the draft. 

Edited by N4ZZY