The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

On 5/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, wildcam said:

Yes I agree, Wish Benning and group got more credit..You have this 30% of fans that alway bring up something negative..Ever GM makes mistakes..Some of these fans also figure you should only have to give up a middle roster player for Miller..lol.lol

Always think there players are worth more and then go off about negative topics...Guess you just look at the source..

OMG  i remember draft day and all the negative posts about Miller trade...I knew that Miller would be a solid say 23 G-- 56-62 point guy playing a complete 200 foot game. I was happy about trade and Miller only 26yrs old with cap friendly deal...OMG Miller was just fantastic and 3 more years before he is a UFA...

Great chemistry with Petey..

Taffoli - Like that trade also just hope we have cap room. Taffoli is another  solid forward plays 200 foot game should hit 30--35G --68 PTS, playing with Pettersson...

When Jim Benning took GM job in Vancouver the prospect pool was very bad and previous GM'S drafting was very poor for 10 years...

Look at Bennings first draft  1.Virtanen - McCann, Demko - Tryamkin - Forsling - All  5 guys NHL player..

Lots of prospects in the pool and building this team to be a real contender again..

Very exciting future.... GO Canucks Go...

He would have knocked it out of the park if he had taken Pastrnak instead of McCann....Pasta was taken the next player after McCann....however, not a bad draft if Tryamkin signs.

14 hours ago, Pete M said:

He would have knocked it out of the park if he had taken Pastrnak instead of McCann....Pasta was taken the next player after McCann....however, not a bad draft if Tryamkin signs.

If we had Pastrnak, we would not be bad enough to draft Pettersson or Hughes in 2017 and 2018. So you can't have them all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

If we had Pastrnak, we would not be bad enough to draft Pettersson or Hughes in 2017 and 2018. So you can't have them all.

or Pasta might have broken a leg playing for the Canucks....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Was thinking about getting a JT Miller jersey...when are they going on sale?

The only Canuck jersey I have is Trevor Linden's...

Often happens after the team ends the playoffs, but I'm not sure how the off-season would be.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

If you wanna complain about Jake just do it in his thread. Lol.

lol...haven't heard a peep about how Miller and Toffoli look at camp and haven't seen any video of them in scrimmage...I guess it's a good thing, don't want to give the Wild too much info.

9 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Man I love this guy such a leader!  Listening to him makes me want to play sports again lol damn covid

“Boeser you finally have a good shot”  boom roasted 

Anyone got the clip of BoHo ripping on Virt? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pete M said:

One of the best trades ever in Canucks history?...considering the 1st pick is 24th or higher...we definitely need JT.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

It's a heck of a steal, but a 1st still holds some high value. Some other deals turned out even more crazy given how little we gave up. Vanek (pending UFA) for Motte is looking incredible right now and of course there's the classic Naslund for Stojanov trade.

The Miller acquisition has been extremely solid for us. Here is where he placed in the 2019-20 Selke nominations and how Sean Couturier's win broke down across the voting stages. I am proud to see Miller in the conversation among the hockey writers and voters. 

Detailed photo below for anyone interested in the other nominations:

On 9/11/2020 at 7:56 AM, Harvey Specter said:

The Miller acquisition has been extremely solid for us. Here is where he placed in the 2019-20 Selke nominations and how Sean Couturier's win broke down across the voting stages. I am proud to see Miller in the conversation among the hockey writers and voters. 

Detailed photo below for anyone interested in the other nominations:

It's really neat to see some guys with less offense get mentions like Nichuskin, Tanev, Danault, and Cirelli. Looks like you don't need to score 70 points to win it as much anymore.