Sign in to follow this  
tan

Are we a playoff team next year?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I would hazard a guess that not only will we be a playoff team this year, we will beat out the might Maple Leafs in actually winning a playoff series. I would love to see how Sportsnet, TSN, etc. deal with that. 

You and me both.   Would be sweet - especially because then we win the cup.  Bettmans head would explode handing the cup to Horvat. 

No one has the Nucks making the playoffs this year, so it will take a Hurricane type year for them to make it to the dance. Too many things will need to go right for them to make it and there are way too many unknowns. Plus it will only a take a few things to go wrong for them to crash out again (injury to key players for one). It would be awesome for them and the young core to experience it but most likely not this year. :(

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

No one has the Nucks making the playoffs this year, so it will take a Hurricane type year for them to make it to the dance. Too many things will need to go right for them to make it and there are way too many unknowns. Plus it will only a take a few things to go wrong for them to crash out again (injury to key players for one). It would be awesome for them and the young core to experience it but most likely not this year. :(

Wake up.....rebuild is over. 

When you say that just because no one (the media) has us making the playoffs makes one iota of a difference on wether  we actually make the playoffs is just bull. 

That is why they play the games. And when they do the Canucks will make the playoffs 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/4/2019 at 1:39 PM, IBatch said:

I agree with this.  I also think that the added depth will help when injuries do strike and that both Edler and Tanev’s workload will be reduced with the additions on defense.   Myers and Hughes will end up running the first PP unit at some point, and Myers and Benn are both decent to very good PKers which will take the load off them too.   This could help tremendously, as will Sutter and Beagle taking the load off Horvat ... no way he can maintain last years load forever.   Think we might actually break the trend this year, but if we don’t at least we have way better depth.  Playoffs for sure on paper.  I think the Vegas bubble will pop a bit even with a Stone and Patches and SJ will be scraping to make the show if EK is less then 100%.    

i so agree.

I think there's a tendency to neglect the importance depth (in the media, at least and specifically with Vancouver.) But we didn't have any depth on our Canucks and now we do, I think and I think that matters. Like you said, or at least implied, tired players get injured. With better depth there's less reason to get over fatigued. Even better is the fact injured players can be replaced and not just by what moves up in the lineup. If there isn't depth down at Utica now there should be after everybody gets shuffled around - but there are some that look ready to move up already and I expect good surprises from others.

Depth is key this year. If the Canucks have it as I believe they do this year they'll make the playoffs. Providing the two goaltenders hang in there, of course, and unlike the guys on the radio I think they will.

Edited by John_Guest

10 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

You been asleep for the last six months? Take a look at their current lineup. By the way, your logic needs some work; even if it were true that "no one has the Canucks  making the playoffs this year", the opinions of ignorant people mean nothing at all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

You been asleep for the last six months? Take a look at their current lineup. By the way, your logic needs some work; even if it were true that "no one has the Canucks  making the playoffs this year", the opinions of ignorant people mean nothing at all.

Yeah, his logic for a few things is so far off base! I feel like some people are living with their head in the sand and / or not using any common sense. Plus, a little research never hurts. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1