Sign in to follow this  
elvis15

Carson Focht | C

On 10/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, theo5789 said:

Gaunce was a pretty dominant center in juniors. But I agree that Focht looks more mobile, but that could be that Focht is like 20 lbs lighter than Gaunce in juniors. But either way, hopefully Focht exceeds that level.

I don't think Gaunce was ever as dominant in junior as Focht is looking right now. 

On 11/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Kushman said:

Who da focht is this guy?

....He is the guy who grew up having to fight all the guys making fun on his name...reminds me of Burrows for tenacity and grit...

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

....He is the guy who grew up having to fight all the guys making fun on his name...reminds me of Burrows for tenacity and grit...

You just got Focht up! Is what I hope he said after these fights.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That was an incredible behind the back tip! Shows that this kid has some skill and we may really have something here

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Interesting -- JB said on 1040 today that they're planning to sign him soon.

certainly encouraging to hear that

Looks like the Hitmen will be on SN tonight at 6PM against the Oil Kings for those that want a look at Focht and Woo in action.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Focht could easily have three points this game. Made a perfect setup to send a guy in alone.

Im impressed with how complete his game is. Constantly making smart plays and is used on the number 1 power play and penalty kill unit. Shows you what his coach thinks of him.

• Like 1
  • Burrows 1

On 12/30/2019 at 8:36 PM, DeNiro said:

Focht could easily have three points this game. Made a perfect setup to send a guy in alone.

Im impressed with how complete his game is. Constantly making smart plays and is used on the number 1 power play and penalty kill unit. Shows you what his coach thinks of him.

He can get off a one timer off a pass with velocity and accuracy and he has the patience to hold the puck until he gets a screen and scores off the wrister...

Seems similar to Lind but may end up being more complete with more compete....!

• Like 1

I met Carson at the Canucks training camp in Victoria and he spent a lot of time taking pictures and signing autographs for the kids. He was probably the most engaged prospect. Good to see he's doing well!

10 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He can get off a one timer off a pass with velocity and accuracy and he has the patience to hold the puck until he gets a screen and scores off the wrister...

Seems similar to Lind but may end up being more complete with more compete....!

Watching Lind in the AHL a lot, and he competes hard, really annoying to play against and very productive this year 10g 23a 33pt in 40 games. Lind also takes a ton of faceoffs for Utica and is pretty strong on the draw. With the shortage of centres that Utica has, I would not be surprised to see him get some time in that role - kind of like how they have developed Jasek and MacEwen. It’s a useful thing for those players that the coaches have done this - really gives the player additional opportunity for ice time in the show.

• Upvote 2