The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carson Focht | C

elvis15

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

No one posting about Focht so I guess I will.

He had two goals today and was named first star.

Woo with two assists.

It was a great game to watch. Do have a question for those who follow the WHL and their take on Hit man defenseman Jackson Van De Leest the guy is a moose...6'7 - 229 lbs hometown Kelowna. I think he is draft eligible this year.

15 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It was a great game to watch. Do have a question for those who follow the WHL and their take on Hit man defenseman Jackson Van De Leest the guy is a moose...6'7 - 229 lbs hometown Kelowna. I think he is draft eligible this year.

Impressive looking. Pair him with Tryamkin or Meyers. :wub:

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

@-Vintage Canuck-

Do we know if focht plays with an edge?  I know that Hogs, Pods, Lind, Rathbone, Keppen, and Gadjovic do.  We clearly need at least some of these guys to become NHL players.  We need grit in our support/role players. 

With Podz, Virtanen and MacEwen we have 3 NHL players that can play with an edge and speed. My issue is that Green has never really done a good job at integrating these guys into the lineup. He's more happy to stay with the players he knows.

11 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

With Podz, Virtanen and MacEwen we have 3 NHL players that can play with an edge and speed. My issue is that Green has never really done a good job at integrating these guys into the lineup. He's more happy to stay with the players he knows.

MacEwen has not shown much of an edge. He got in one fight....he ain't no Wilson or Reaves.  I mean....I hope he could be.  But that is wishful thinking imo.

On 2/10/2020 at 6:15 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

MacEwen has not shown much of an edge. He got in one fight....he ain't no Wilson or Reaves.  I mean....I hope he could be.  But that is wishful thinking imo.

MacEwan won't hesitate to fight and will win a lot of his fights. He will stand up for teammates and battle. He is more on a Zack Kassian level of toughness. Not as dominant as Wilson or Reaves. We could still use this on our team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

MacEwan won't hesitate to fight and will win a lot of his fights. He will stand up for teammates and battle. He is more on a Zack Kassian level of toughness. Not as dominant as Wilson or Reaves. We could still use this on our team. 

Really? What is your statement based on kenhodgejr?  I really am curious.

image.png.77b2b98a3a3836c996aa061aa98255b4.png

I really hope Big Mac does end up being a tough big player that is hard to play against.

But even the Sedins averaged 30-60 PIMs per year they played just by hooking and grabbing penalties.

What about MacEwan's low PIMs make you think he could be tough in the NHL? His PIMs are nowhere near where Kassian's were.

image.png.e9b6c55cb0f1333473d3d2e87441d23a.png

As far as I am concerned, you are just making stuff up right now about how "tough" Big Mac is...even though I wish he was in real life.  

I await your response.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 2

23 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I really hope Big Mac does end up being a tough big player that is hard to play against.

But even the Sedins averaged 30-60 PIMs per year they played just by hooking and grabbing penalties.

What about MacEwan's low PIMs make you think he could be tough in the NHL? His PIMs are nowhere near where Kassian's were.

As far as I am concerned, you are just making stuff up right now about how "tough" Big Mac is...even though I wish he was in real life.  

I await your response.

I dunno, pims doesn't = toughness necessarily. I get your point but pointing out pims isn't the way to get it accross.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I await your response.

Mac doesn’t rake many minors or misconducts?