Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Arthurs Silovs | G

Nice to see Silovs get the shut out tonight; he needed that. It has been a rough stretch for both him and the team over the last couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Silovs named 1st star again tonight although in a losing effort in overtime. He stopped 38 of 41 shots for a .927 save percentage..... It's not hard to see why the Canucks drafted and signed him.

• Hydration 2

3 minutes ago, kingfreako said:

I've always had a sweet spot for Latvian goalies from Irbe to Gudlevskis to Merzlikins - and now Silovs. It would be so cool to see him pan out into an NHL goalie. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Wow what a cool story.  With us at risk of losing Thatch I'm definitely glad to hear of Silovs doing well. 

• Hydration 1

On 8/24/2019 at 9:39 AM, Canucks Curse said:

could be a real steal baby

Oh yeah, Steel Baby!

On 5/6/2020 at 8:57 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Did anyone else know that Silovs is married? :blink:

https://www.therecord.com/sports/waterloo-region/2020/03/12/life-with-a-wife-in-the-ohl.html

Married at 18 to his high-school sweetheart in Latvia, which allowed her to come to NA with him on his work visa. The married teenagers are both taking high-school classes and living together in the home of a billet family.

Pretty crazy stuff. 

I mean, it all kinda makes sense, under the circumstances (as described in the article). The two kids love each other and would’ve had to live an ocean apart, if not for tying the knot early. It’s just so rare these days to hear about kids this young getting married, let alone a having a married guy as a prospect and a player in the OHL.

Them parts fairly common..learned from interviews w/ Borat.

• Haha 1

I don't watch a lot of OHL games.  How has Arthurs played this season and is he a legitimate option for Utica next season (being Mikey's backup)?  Mikey was very good this year and he seemed to have a better first season than Demko did and he has done it at a younger age.  I think we have 2 guys (Mikey and Thatcher) that will be #1 goalies down the road and if Silovs turns into a good backup, we will be looking good in goal and that isn't even considering Markie.