The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Karel Plasek | RW

Karel Plasek    5'11"  154lbs

Shoots: Left

Born: Prerov, Czech Republic / July 28, 2000

He is actually Karel Plasek Jr.  His father also named Karel Plasek born in 1973....so don't be afraid when you see an older man when you search up his name haha

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Kid has some hands and some really quick feet. 

Seems pretty confident out, moves his feet real good. Like the picks this year, lots of heart and drive.

Thanks @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME for the highlights! 

I'm going to just jot your name down in Plasek's file for future reference.  We will indubitably have fans expecting him to become a 2nd coming of Milan Hejduk as a result of your post, so we will have to revisit this in a couple of years when fans are asking what happened.  :) 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Thanks @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME for the highlights! 

I'm going to just jot your name down in Plasek's file for future reference.  We will indubitably have fans expecting him to become a 2nd coming of Milan Hejduk as a result of your post, so we will have to revisit this in a couple of years when fans are asking what happened.  :) 

Normally im not a huge fan of drafting overagers but he is the kind of pick I do like if they do go that route. The guy is still only 154 lb according to eliteprospects so lots of room to still fill out. Already producing at decent numbers with a lot of potential growth. Of he hits his ceiling I'm expecting a guy who can chip in for 25-40 points in his prime. I don't see crazy offensive upside but could be an effective player for us down the road 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 7:13 PM, Canucks Curse said:

big kid and moves well for size, choppy stride, looks like a lot of raw physical ability and that he has perhaps not had much technical training. very involved in the play, hands a little hard too, but def worth a late round pick

Is it just me or the way he skates, looks very similar to Gaudette

On 7/4/2019 at 7:13 PM, Canucks Curse said:

big kid and moves well for size, choppy stride, looks like a lot of raw physical ability and that he has perhaps not had much technical training. very involved in the play, hands a little hard too, but def worth a late round pick

The kid is 5'11" and a 154 lb.  He doesn't seem like a big guy. ::D

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2019 at 1:09 PM, TGokou said:

Normally im not a huge fan of drafting overagers but he is the kind of pick I do like if they do go that route. The guy is still only 154 lb according to eliteprospects so lots of room to still fill out. Already producing at decent numbers with a lot of potential growth. Of he hits his ceiling I'm expecting a guy who can chip in for 25-40 points in his prime. I don't see crazy offensive upside but could be an effective player for us down the road 

If the kid can only put up 30 points in the NHL, he’s not here long.  He’s the kind of player who needs to put up 60 plus, or he’s hurting the team.  What else can he do to contribute, if not offensively?  Good pick for where taken.  If his skills do transfer, big steal for JB. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

On 7/4/2019 at 6:20 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Kid has some hands and some really quick feet. 

Thanks for this C4N..  this young man is too enthusiastic to not make the team in the future, quick gritty skillful, 3 speed game control,.

whats not to like about this..   wonder if he is in Utica this year?  Hope to see that transition to the AHL.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, Canucks Curse said:

why you think so funny?

he does look a bit bigger than most those guys