The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Karel Plasek | RW

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Plasek looks like plastic rubber band man. 

This kid is super lanky, but he’s got one hell of a wrist shot in that one vid above he rips it, plus he looks like he’s a good skater.

Canucks prospects everywhere, and they all look good, in the 50 yrs of Canucks this is craziest prospects pool ever.

hope this kid plays at the World jrs so we can really check him out. How old is he? He’ll fill out.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Plasek looks like plastic rubber band man. 

This kid is super lanky, but he’s got one hell of a wrist shot in that one vid above he rips it, plus he looks like he’s a good skater.

Canucks prospects everywhere, and they all look good, in the 50 yrs of Canucks this is craziest prospects pool ever.

hope this kid plays at the World jrs so we can really check him out. How old is he? He’ll fill out.

You could probably swap out Plasek for EP when we drafted him and this would all still apply.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

You could probably swap out Plasek for EP when we drafted him and this would all still apply.

They both look the same avoiding getting hit and the way they move...so thin but super agile.

i honestly forgot about this Plasek kid til this thread popped up with some videos. 

Hope he’s at the World jrs so we see him in action.....cuz I actually don’t know anything about him.

was he even at prospect camp?

Edited by HockeyHarry

7 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

They both look the same avoiding getting hit and the way they move...so thin but super agile.

i honestly forgot about this Plasek kid til this thread popped up with some videos. 

Hope he’s at the World jrs so we see him in action.....cuz I actually don’t know anything about him.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-prospect-camp/c-308033420

He was listed on the roster. He's a late round pick, so expectations are low.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Sounds like what you're saying is that one thing we can look really forward to with this kid is his ability to jump out of the way of hits!:towel:

p.s.  I know it's not really what you're sayin' :bigblush:

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Plasek with the feed. Being used on 5 on 3 powerplay, despite not making the team to start the tourney.

Plasek has been a regular on their top PP unit as far as I can tell. In his first game, he had a good board battle to free up the puck for a goal no assist, but he created the play. And now this nice feed. Much more noticeable 5v5 vs the US than previous games.

I've grown an interest in the Czech team as a slight underdog and the home team. I wouldn't mind Kubicek as a late 2nd rounder or 3rd round pick. If Zabransky could be an overage UFA signing, then I would be interested.