The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aidan McDonough | #25 | LW

It's actually 21 points in 20 games played. The team has played 23, but he has only played in 20. 4th best P/GP for Rookies.

11 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

That's 3 prospects who are top 4-6 in the nation for D-men, Freshmen and overall (Madden)...one of these guys will turn out for sure...!

567697962_ScreenShot2020-02-01at9_30_41PM.thumb.png.fa04cd4748a74402e5ba9a44626fb387.png

Edited by Derp...
  • Cheers 1

Haven't been able to watch any of his games. Hows his skating?

Sure looks like he has all the other tools to be a power-forward in the pro ranks, so if his skating is up to par I wouldn't be surprised if he's a guy Benning is thinking of signing this summer. Even though another year or two wont hurt him for sure

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interesting stat.  I see Madden is third.  Considering the kind of game Green likes to play, do you think that implies some kind of coordination with coaching in our scouting. I find the completeness of our drafted players to be fascinating - think Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Podkolzin, Hoglander, but also of lower picks such as Gaudette, Woo, Rathbone, Madden, Focht, and now McDonough. They all seem to display very rounded games.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What is this stat? Never seen it before. I'm assuming this is counting getting possession of the puck with a forecheck not just attempted zone entries?

Would be great to develop some excellent bottom 6 players that we can have on ELCs. Our bottom 6 is full of guys signed through UFA and won't be an option once Petey and Hughes sign their big contracts.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

What is this stat? Never seen it before. I'm assuming this is counting getting possession of the puck with a forecheck not just attempted zone entries?

Would be great to develop some excellent bottom 6 players that we can have on ELCs. Our bottom 6 is full of guys signed through UFA and won't be an option once Petey and Hughes sign their big contracts.

It's a fancy stat for dump and chase. If they did this for the NHL, the Canucks are surely are all at the top considering it's the only coaching strategy that Green can deploy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

It's a fancy stat for dump and chase. If they did this for the NHL, the Canucks are surely are all at the top considering it's the only coaching strategy that Green can deploy.

So it doesn't take into account if possession of the puck was had? He just dumps it in a lot? Is that a good thing? Carrying in the puck with possession is a pretty good attribute, having to dump it in all the time at the junior level is hard to see as a good thing, unless he's coming up with possession the majority of the time

42 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

So it doesn't take into account if possession of the puck was had? He just dumps it in a lot? Is that a good thing? Carrying in the puck with possession is a pretty good attribute, having to dump it in all the time at the junior level is hard to see as a good thing, unless he's coming up with possession the majority of the time

I don't actually know lol I was being sarcastic.

17 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Haven't been able to watch any of his games. Hows his skating?

Sure looks like he has all the other tools to be a power-forward in the pro ranks, so if his skating is up to par I wouldn't be surprised if he's a guy Benning is thinking of signing this summer. Even though another year or two wont hurt him for sure

He showed very good straight ahead speed ...maybe about like MacEwen and he forechecks like a bigger Roussel or Burrows.

Seems fiestier than MacEwen as well.

Between Big Mac, Bailey and Mcdonough we should have at least one and maybe 2 productive bottom 6 guys....hell maybe all of them...!

• Cheers 1