The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

I would like him here at a decent cap hit.

I don't really know what he is worth though. What are some comparables to him and their contracts worth?  And the fact every year it takes more and more to sign UFAs.

He is also waiting to hear back from Winnipeg, it's possible he just stays there.

Imagine him and Tryamkin on the back end. Suddenly that is a big defense.

11 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

I would like him here at a decent cap hit.

I don't really know what he is worth though. What are some comparables to him and their contracts worth?  And the fact every year it takes more and more to sign UFAs.

He is also waiting to hear back from Winnipeg, it's possible he just stays there.

Imagine him and Tryamkin on the back end. Suddenly that is a big defense.

LeBrun in the Athletic:  "On Myers, I think the market will dictate he’s worth around $6.5-million to $7-million a season on a six- to seven-year deal."

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

LeBrun in the Athletic:  "On Myers, I think the market will dictate he’s worth around $6.5-million to $7-million a season on a six- to seven-year deal."

Seems reasonable really.  How would you guys feel if we signed him for 7 mil for 6 years? And how much would your cutoff be where it's too much?

Edited by Kosmo Kramer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Seems reasonable really.  How would you guys feel if we signed him for 7 mil for 6 years? And how much would your cutoff be where it's too much?

Would love 5 years but that isnt going to happen. I'm guessing a 6 years times 7 million coming up. That's a lot but if I compare it to what we gave to LE and what we got in return its palatable. Adding Myers and losing LE's cap hit would be great. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I like Myers but damn there may be two more rightys next year hitting UFA. Barrie and Larsson. Would rather have either of them over Myers to be honest. 

I am a touch concerned with his speed. Barrie as you say would be a far better fit imo. Perhaps we go after Barrie next summer after adding Myers now?

If Eriksson doesn't report and we buy him out maybe we would have the cap space lol. Myers only would cost like a 1M more on the cap likely then Eriksson currently does.

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, mll said:

Sounds about right

Just now, Rush17 said:

I am a touch concerned with his speed. Barrie as you say would be a far better fit imo. Perhaps we go after Barrie next summer after adding Myers now?

If Eriksson doesn't report and we buy him out maybe we would have the cap space lol. Myers only would cost like a 1M on the cap likely then Eriksson currently does.

Eriksson will show up unless we trade him

Let's hope he's like everyone else that lives in Winnipeg. you get out when you can regardless of money. Like come on. It's Winnipeg. 

Love to see him here. regardless of money he'd be an upgrade. Having Myers on the back end could free up the notion of trading our worn out Tanev.  

36 minutes ago, mll said:

36 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

That would be "okay" if we get him nearer the bottom of that scale, but it'll come down to how much competition there is out there for him.  With the cap coming in low and many teams needing to shed salary, hopefully there aren't a lot of suitors nor those eager to overpay. 

And remember, at 6-7 years he will be 36-37 before the contract expires.  Yes, we could well be looking at 2+ years of a dog contract.