Sign in to follow this  
Rush17

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

Recommended Posts

If Myers signs with the Canucks at reasonable term and cost then it would be like receiving mana from heaven. 

 

But I don't get why he would want to leave the Jets for anything other than more money. Other than life in Vancouver being a complete upgrade to Winnipeg. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll leave if they choose not to sign him.  Perhaps with Trouba gone they will (or are able) now.  Teams and players just doing due diligence, the former to see what's available and the latter to see what opportunities are there July 1st.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like him here at a decent cap hit.

I don't really know what he is worth though. What are some comparables to him and their contracts worth?  And the fact every year it takes more and more to sign UFAs.

 

He is also waiting to hear back from Winnipeg, it's possible he just stays there.

 

Imagine him and Tryamkin on the back end. Suddenly that is a big defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

I would like him here at a decent cap hit.

I don't really know what he is worth though. What are some comparables to him and their contracts worth?  And the fact every year it takes more and more to sign UFAs.

 

He is also waiting to hear back from Winnipeg, it's possible he just stays there.

 

Imagine him and Tryamkin on the back end. Suddenly that is a big defense.

LeBrun in the Athletic:  "On Myers, I think the market will dictate he’s worth around $6.5-million to $7-million a season on a six- to seven-year deal."

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mll said:

LeBrun in the Athletic:  "On Myers, I think the market will dictate he’s worth around $6.5-million to $7-million a season on a six- to seven-year deal."

 

Seems reasonable really.  How would you guys feel if we signed him for 7 mil for 6 years? And how much would your cutoff be where it's too much?

Edited by Kosmo Kramer
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Seems reasonable really.  How would you guys feel if we signed him for 7 mil for 6 years? And how much would your cutoff be where it's too much?

Would love 5 years but that isnt going to happen. I'm guessing a 6 years times 7 million coming up. That's a lot but if I compare it to what we gave to LE and what we got in return its palatable. Adding Myers and losing LE's cap hit would be great. 

Edited by rekker
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I like Myers but damn there may be two more rightys next year hitting UFA. Barrie and Larsson. Would rather have either of them over Myers to be honest. 

I am a touch concerned with his speed. Barrie as you say would be a far better fit imo. Perhaps we go after Barrie next summer after adding Myers now?

 

If Eriksson doesn't report and we buy him out maybe we would have the cap space lol. Myers only would cost like a 1M more on the cap likely then Eriksson currently does.

 

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mll said:

LeBrun in the Athletic:  "On Myers, I think the market will dictate he’s worth around $6.5-million to $7-million a season on a six- to seven-year deal."

 

Sounds about right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rush17 said:

I am a touch concerned with his speed. Barrie as you say would be a far better fit imo. Perhaps we go after Barrie next summer after adding Myers now?

 

If Eriksson doesn't report and we buy him out maybe we would have the cap space lol. Myers only would cost like a 1M on the cap likely then Eriksson currently does.

Eriksson will show up unless we trade him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

It's not a rumour until he buys a house here. :P

Gaborik did, so it must be true

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's hope he's like everyone else that lives in Winnipeg. you get out when you can regardless of money. Like come on. It's Winnipeg. 

 

Love to see him here. regardless of money he'd be an upgrade. Having Myers on the back end could free up the notion of trading our worn out Tanev.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mll said:

LeBrun in the Athletic:  "On Myers, I think the market will dictate he’s worth around $6.5-million to $7-million a season on a six- to seven-year deal."

 

 

36 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Seems reasonable really.  How would you guys feel if we signed him for 7 mil for 6 years? And how much would your cutoff be where it's too much?

That would be "okay" if we get him nearer the bottom of that scale, but it'll come down to how much competition there is out there for him.  With the cap coming in low and many teams needing to shed salary, hopefully there aren't a lot of suitors nor those eager to overpay. 

 

And remember, at 6-7 years he will be 36-37 before the contract expires.  Yes, we could well be looking at 2+ years of a dog contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.