The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Gaudette for P.K. with $3 million retained (the rumour was the other deals had salary retained)

I do that deal.  Gaudette is probably not really a top 6 guy., so is replaceable.

I would have done that deal too, so (likely?) it would have cost us more.  

Just now, captainhorvat said:

If Benning can sell him on the fact that he will be our highest paid dman and can bring him in at 6.25max @ 4-5 years max. I think that would be fair for both sides.

At first I didnt really want Myers but im starting to come around. Having Edler and Myers in our top 4 doesnt look so bad.

I’m thinking the money will be 6.5 or a bit less (your 6.25) The term will need to be at least 6 years though.  Edler signed for two more years, and he’s 33.  Myers is 29.  I’m hoping we do sign Myers and the contract is:  6.5 x 6 years.  I think it will more likely be 6.5 x 7 years though.  I’m also okay with that.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

Stralman is just as good of a D as Myers, he's just older and has less size. He'd also likely be cheaper and require less term to sign. So I disagree that him and a 'Benn' or similar (or Hutton at something closer to $2-$2.5m) don't move the needle. Especially with also adding Hughes (and eventually Juolevi).

Especially with Hockey Widow reporting that Barrie wants to sign at 'home' in Vancouver next year, I'd actually find this route preferable.

That said, I'm not opposed to Myers on a reasonable contract like 5x6. Not sure that lands him though. Maybe...

Myers, Barrie on the Canucks roster, like the sound of that. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking the money will be 6.5 or a bit less (your 6.25) The term will need to be at least 6 years though.  Edler signed for two more years, and he’s 33.  Myers is 29.  I’m hoping we do sign Myers and the contract is:  6.5 x 6 years.  I think it will more likely be 6.5 x 7 years though.  I’m also okay with that.  

6 would be okay in terms of years, 5 would be ideal.  He’d only be 35 at the end of the contract.  I get concerned if we sign players until they are 39/40.

27 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

If Benning can sell him on the fact that he will be our highest paid dman and can bring him in at 6.25max @ 4-5 years max. I think that would be fair for both sides.

At first I didnt really want Myers but im starting to come around. Having Edler and Myers in our top 4 doesnt look so bad.

I agree with you in that I didn't want him initially but not I am coming around.

However, Edler is quite a bit better than Myers so I hope they can get him at less than Edler's contract. So even if it is 5.9 million per that makes sense to me....doesn't mean it will happen lol.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I agree with you in that I didn't want him initially but not I am coming around.

However, Edler is quite a bit better than Myers so I hope they can get him at less than Edler's contract. So even if it is 5.9 million per that makes sense to me....doesn't mean it will happen lol.

I think they are quite similar that they both have booming shots can play with an edge but I think Myers is a better puck mover.  I kind of think of this as getting another Edler which is a good add.

• Like 1

If we can get out of July with any two of these the team is significantly better without even talking about the improvement up front:

(in random order)

Faulk

Myers 

Zaitsev

Stralman

Dillon 

C. Miller

Risto (yeah I know it ain't happening lol)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

If we can get out of July with any two of these the team is significantly better without even talking about the improvement up front:

(in random order)

Faulk

Myers 

Zaitsev

Stralman

Dillon 

C. Miller

To be honest, I'm not really going to hold my breath for that. Defenders are in such demand right now that the likelihood for competition for these defenders is pretty high.

I'd be happy with even 1 of them moving forward. Slowly work our defense up.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Myers, Barrie on the Canucks roster, like the sound of that. 

Barrie, Myers, Schenn, Edler.

All former Kelowna Rockets teammates. Just need Benn to come home and we will have reassembled one of the greatest junior teams ever iced.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

(in random order)

Faulk

Myers 

Zaitsev

Stralman

Dillon 

C. Miller

Take Zaitsev out of that list and you got yourself a deal. 

• Like 1

I think myers is better than a 4th D man and i think with reasonable term 5-6 years and reasonable cap 5-6.5m he would be a solid addition to the team. With him and miller and bo and virt and pod in the future, even boeser is decent size, our team is going to be big, fast and skillded. Everything you need to win in the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

(in random order)

Faulk

Myers 

Zaitsev

Stralman

Dillon 

C. Miller

I’ll still hold out hope of Risto until the 2019 puck drop but I am happy with a Myers add and maybe an additional short term add like Schenn, Dillon etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Barrie, Myers, Schenn, Edler.

All former Kelowna Rockets teammates. Just need Benn to come home and we will have reassembled one of the greatest junior teams ever iced.

Did any of them play together?  Assuming Myers and Schenn as they are the same age?