The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

Its ridiculous. A top four righty is interested in signing with the team and some fans see nothing but the faults. How about realizing we are fortunate the guy has shown interest in our team. We've been crap for years so when a top notch player who fills a big, big weakness on our team shows interest, welcome him FFS. 

This all day.  Thank you for being the voice of reason in this digital romper room.  I'm grateful one of the top 2 UFA D is entertaining the Canucks, and that we have the option of buyouts & spending to the cap. I'm optimistic we will be an improved team, and even more fun to watch with Miller and hopefully Myers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

More Ferraro and the Media Muppets.  Can't understand what the Canucks are doing, Canucks need to "unload" Beagle's contract, equating the Marleau and Miller trades, Canucks have no prospect depth.  It's like listening to the average fan talk around a water cooler, whereas these guys are not only supposed to have knowledge but enough resources to have some depth of insight and analysis.

Ferraro is a schmuck. He never knows what he is talking about when it comes to the Canucks. The average CDC poster knows what is going on with them more than that balding moron.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, rekker said:

Its ridiculous. A top four righty is interested in signing with the team and some fans see nothing but the faults. How about realizing we are fortunate the guy has shown interest in our team. We've been crap for years so when a top notch player who fills a big, big weakness on our team shows interest, welcome him FFS. 

Exactly. And there are three ways to get a player like him: 1) draft and develop, 2) trade and give up lots of great assets, or 3) sign for slightly more than worth. 

We're doing #1 but waiting for someone to pan out, and #2 is not worth it in a rebuild, so #3 looks to be the only option anyways. So what if we give him a million or so more than his worth. He's then a valuable asset for us anyways. There are so many positives with this. My hunch is he wants to come to Van over all others and might be willing to sign for something more reasonable than what's reported.

• Upvote 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I like Ferraro, his on ice analysis is great. His off ice and NHL business analysis is awful. 

Lol I know right and it’s comical to think that some of the guys at 1040 think Ray would make a great hockey exec 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Lol I know right and it’s comical to think that some of the guys at 1040 think Ray would make a great hockey exec 

When ferraro is on a panel talking about hockey, he often gets all pissy if someone disagrees with him or gives him a little jab. I think he is a goof.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

It reminds me of the Seinfeld dynamic - where that gaggle of wankers judge every person they come into contact with based on a single, relatively reductive 'fault'.

Ie so and so is rejected as imperfect because she has "man hands".

Rejected by the likes of Costanza and his gaggle of ingrates, not particularly fit themselves.

Myers - no one wants him. 

At the same time all of a sudden, all the Huttons, Gaunces, etc are in demand.

It's fantasy season for NHL speculators.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

While you are right that most fans in that market won’t know the difference, little embellishment or not it’s not the truth. Hence shouldn’t have been said. I know politicians and the like lie through their teeth but it’s disappointing that people are paid by giving out false information and have no consequences to it. Doesn’t make Benning look good to say he’s never made the playoffs ever in his tenure when in actual fact he has. That’s all I’m saying, if you don’t know your stuff then keep your mouth shut Hayes.

Yeah, I was being facetious.  If Benning had done the Marleau deal, there would be HOWLS of laughter both at the signing and the trade.  "How could he be so stupid to not see that this would happen?  Now he's trying to bail himself out of his mismanagement by giving up a first round pick?"  Whiny Gallagher would be over the moon with such material to feed on.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

It reminds me of the Seinfeld dynamic - where that gaggle of wankers judge every person they come into contact with based on a single, relatively reductive 'fault'.

Rejected by the likes of Costanza and his gaggle of ingrates, not particularly fit themselves.

Think you just gave Ferraro his TV nicname..  “Costanza”.   ...  it still has that Italian flare ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Good call.

Any time groups like this get together with their Canuck-mocking fables or Leaf love-in, they should be rightly tagged a Seinfeld Panel -- a show about nothing.

1 hour ago, rekker said:

The problem is he’s not a top notch player. He’s just not.

That doesn’t mean he can’t be a good addition to the team, but the devil’s-in-the-details.

A monster contract for a player of Myers’ ability (legit Top4 but not a top notch player) is not going to be good for us long-term.

I guess I’ll withold judgement until I see what the actual contract is...at one point someone on Twitter was saying something about 7x$8m. We can agree that wouldn’t be a good move yes?

Edited by nzan