The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

5 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I wouldn't have traded picks and prospects for age gap players and I would have used all the free cap space to acquire cap dumps with sweeteners instead of signing our own buyout candidate free agents.

IMO just these two things would have put us in a much, much better position than we are today had it started from day 1, right from the Kesler trade. In a position where our D isn't in complete shambles with almost no additional assets in the organization available to fix it.

And I bet your cap dump stockpiles would be getting you better "results so far", right.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

And I bet your cap dump stockpiles would be getting you better "results so far", right.

A lot more draft picks and a lot more cap space. Not sure how the results wouldn't be better. Maybe the same results in the standings during the tough years, but definitely more assets to play with in year 5.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I know a fair portion of the fan base will hate this (or have pre-hated it ad naseum already) but we can't go into next season without a right side upgrade. Schenn ain't it. 

It's quite insane some ppl value Schenn & Biega more than Myers!!! It's market driven.... and you take a calculated risk based on your desperate need and market price... it's purely logical!! Where do you find a better RHD who will ask for less term & $??

• Upvote 1

well .. its happening  ..  lord knows what the terms will be but at this point , we just have to hope it works out and that this team makes the playoffs ,,  

I dont hold my breath waiting for a good deal though ..    these last few years , some of the trades and signings have been brutal . 

its hard being a Canucks fan  ... hope the hockey gods give us a break here 

welcome tyler and jordie !!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

So Benning thinks were a playoff team if we lose Hutton and add Myers and Benn...

Not even close to good enough.

wait till you find out the price and term .     Im guessing your not gonna be much happier ..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubble Man said:

Mark my words. This will be the worst contract in franchise history. 

Not disagreeing with the general tenor of your message but I'm inclined to believe we'll be relatively happy about having this player in our lineup for the first 3 years of the deal. I just don't have a good feeling about years 4,5,6 ..... gulp ..... 7 ....

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I sure fuc*ing hope Myers comes in here and tears sh*t up. Just a big FUC* YOU to all the doubters. 

I think it’s very possible.

I am hoping it comes in around 6-6.5 for 6 or less years... Myers can fill a lot of holes for us... finally a little depth on the right side.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Miller Petey Boesser

Pearson Horvat Beartschi

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Beagle Gaudette Schaller/Motte

Goldy to replace beasctchi as soon as he gets hit in the head again...maybe right at the beginning of camp

Edler Tanev

Hughes Myers

Benn Stecher

Juolevi Biega

Marky

Dems

if we get any significant injury to that d corps or our top 3 forwards and we are screwed, we need to replace bearstchi with a bonafide top 6 forward.

Edited by Canucks Curse
  • Wat 1