The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

interestingly, I wonder why zucker has not been traded yet... Fenton can't get any offers he likes, word was JB offered Virtanen and Tanev.

Miller Petey Bessy

Pearson Bo Zucker

now that's a top 6 that can get u to the playoffs...

now the D

Edler Stecher

Hughes Myers

Juolevi Benn - Benn plays both sides

this is a little thin...

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Miller Petey Boesser

Beartschi Horvat Beartschi

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Beagle Gaudette Schaller/Motte

Goldy to replace beasctchi as soon as he gets hit in the head again...maybe right at the beginning of camp

Edler Tanev

Hughes Myers

Benn Stecher

Juolevi Biega

Marky

Dems

if we get any significant injury to that d corps or our top 3 forwards and we are screwed, we need to replace bearstchi with a bonafide top 6 forward.

Didn’t know Bärtschi could play on both wings at the same time LOL 

• Haha 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

interestingly, I wonder why zucker has not been traded yet... Fenton can't get any offers he likes, word was JB offered Virtanen and Tanev.

Miller Petey Bessy

Pearson Bo Zucker

now the D

Edler Stecher

Hughes Myers

this is a little thin...

I get the feeling Virtanen is going to have a coming out party this year offensively. But that’s just my sense. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

You’ve seen Vans D core right?

Of course he’ll be a number 3. Maybe even a number 2 if Taney can’t stay healthy.

correct, and why myers would be a bad choice, cause as i said, hes a 4th line def, not 1-3 liner...so van will want more out of him than he can provide :( 

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Miller Petey Boesser

Beartschi Horvat Beartschi

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Beagle Gaudette Schaller/Motte

Goldy to replace beasctchi as soon as he gets hit in the head again...maybe right at the beginning of camp

Edler Tanev

Hughes Myers

Benn Stecher

Juolevi Biega

Marky

Dems

if we get any significant injury to that d corps or our top 3 forwards and we are screwed, we need to replace bearstchi with a bonafide top 6 forward.

Probably best to get the lineup right before spouting off.  You forgot , Pearson, Leivo and as much as we $&!# on Ericksson, he can play an excellent shutdown 3rd line role.

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I get the feeling Virtanen is going to have a coming out party this year offensively. But that’s just my sense. 

I think it is very possible, he has made significant strides each year actually, same with goldobin, it is just going slower than we want

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Miller Petey Bessy

Pearson Bo Zucker

now the D

Edler Stecher

Hughes Myers

this is a little thin...

Virtanen is not a proven goal scorer and they don't need Tanev - their top-4 is set and he's a UFA in one year.

He also says he's not just going to give Zucker away.  The trade has to make them better and that deal wouldn't.  

Adding Myers to our D will make us a better team.

The sticking point for many fans will be the dollar amount and term. It has seemed like we were the most interested team in acquiring his services, since there was no reported or speculated intense bidding war like has taken place for Panarin,

As such, I am hopeful the final contract awarded to him will serve he and his family well, and the nucks organization too! Here's to hoping around the 6 million dollar mark for 6 years.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

So Benning thinks were a playoff team if we lose Hutton and add Myers and Benn...

Not even close to good enough.

The most important add will likely be Quinn.  He still counts, though, and I’m glad we’re adding some reinforcements for him.

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

Luongo

Luongo's contract really wasn't bad at all. A long term 5.3 million per year contract for a top goalie.

It became bad because of what transpired with Bettman and the CBA, and the whole fiasco with Gillis/Torts/Lu/Schneider.

6 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Miller Petey Bessy

Pearson Bo Zucker

now the D

Edler Stecher

Hughes Myers

this is a little thin...

When you factor in the depth Biega Brogan Teves Chatfield Breeze Woo Schenn? Saunter it's not too bad as long as 3 of our top 4 stay healthy