The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

3 minutes ago, OurTimeToShine said:

Call me crazy but I think we will have three defensemen with over 30 points next year... when was the last time that happened?

That alone is exciting as hell! 

2011-2012 when Edler, Bieksa and Hamhuis all had 37+ points that year. We also happened to win the President's Trophy that season.

Spoiler

:bigblush:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Now let's go back in the thread, find all the people that were saying he would get 7x7 and laugh at them :lol:

Lots of us were only freaked that he might get 7×7. And I wouldn't laugh too soon. Nothing has been confirmed by the parties involved.

1 minute ago, zimmy said:

Lots of us were only freaked that he might get 7×7. And I wouldn't laugh too soon. Nothing has been confirmed by the parties involved.

But....but.

I read it on the internet. It must be true. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, babalu said:

if that is in fact true, it's pretty much a best case scenario.

was thinking it would be 5 or 6 years x 6 (predicted 30-36 million deal) but wasn't expecting it to be the lesser term

5 x 6 would be excellent free agency terms imo.   a fairly far cry from 50 million.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

There we go -- added a top-6 forward and turned over HALF the defence.  Mission accomplished, and the summer has just started.

Exactly.  

To to accomplish this much already is promising. He still has the trade option.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Myers at anything higher than $6.25 million I will consider an absolute waste of cap space unless he hits that 40+ point mark while being defensively responsible night in and night out.

I am a shade nervous because of the tendency for UFA d men to gat PAID then immediately become anchors within 2 seasons of that contract.  a 6x6 I am fine with 6 and a quarter sure but anything higher than that....

26 minutes ago, babalu said:

Well darn it all if that's true that's serviceable indeed.  If Benning did in fact get that deal made and it has no NMC or NTC involved it will expunge a lot of bad taste people have over his first two years with the club.

Especially when you look back over the last 3 years and look at which UFA defensemen has signed what contract.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

There we go -- added a top-6 forward and turned over HALF the defence.  Mission accomplished, and the summer has just started.

Health will be a big factor too. A lot of people like to $&!# on the defence (fair enough) but Edler and Tanev missed about a whole season between them last year, that really hurts the group. If they can play 140 + games next year that would have a big impact. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well darn it all if that's true that's serviceable indeed.  If Benning did in fact get that deal made and it has no NMC or NTC involved it will expunge a lot of bad taste people have over his first two years with the club.

Especially when you look back over the last 3 years and look at which UFA defensemen has signed what contract.  

Wonder perhaps if it's NMC for the first 2-3 years for Seattle protection, then limited NTC for the last 2-3.  That seems reasonable enough.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1