The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If you could pick 2 reasonably accessible D...

D Options  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haven't seen a poll anywhere, forgive me if there's one.. 

Now that the draft is done, Edler is signed, and some of the free agents have moved on..

I feel like we need 2 more upgrades on D. If you had your way, who would you like JB to pick up? And what would you give up to get them?

Anyone on the list? Anyone else? Or would you stick with what we have? ::D

I included the most talked about options, Ufa's or otherwise. There's plenty of other free agents on the list.. 

Edited by Glug Datt

Stralman is a cheaper option that could be had for short term. 

Can play 20 minutes a game and help provide a veteran presence to our young and up and coming D-core. 

Not great but not terrible. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Not too keen on Myers or Gardiner, mostly because of committing too much for too long. My first choice is Miller, and I guess Stralman would be ok for a short term fix. 

I think he'd do well with a fresh start on a team on the rise. Contract isn't too hard to digest.. might be available for a reasonable price. 

Barrie would be a really nice add, but I also don't think we'd be able get him without giving up Boeser or something major. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

I think after the 2 Ds the Flyers picked up last week, they have an glut of them now and one might be available.

yah but the rumors were around before that.. like sure his numbers dropped off a bit, but..

Myers feels like a trap.

Big deal that may seem okay for a year or two but will regret a lot later.

The sort of deal a GM on an expiring contract who has missed the playoffs for a number of years and doesn't have a great historuy of UFA signings might make.

Would prefer to move the D into a more mobile PMD direction

• Upvote 2

Just to elaborate, my pick would be Colin Miller. Vegas is in cap problem, and we're in a position to help them. We could take the entirety of Clarkson's contract off their hands (6 million dollar cap hit for one more year) and swipe up Colin Miller for a discount. I realize that would put us right up against the cap, but salary can be moved, be it Tanev, Hutton, or the massive glut of bottom 6 left wingers on the roster. 

For a secondary Dman I'd just resign Schenn for some depth. Doing any more than that would likely put us into serious cap trouble.

• Upvote 1

Miller and Myers 

or

Barrie and stralman

i don’t think we can pull off 2 more trades,

i don’t want to spend on Two UFA D 

Barrie is the only legit top2 so if we traded for him we could afford to sign Stralman at a smaller number than Myers. 

Edited by brian42