The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If you could pick 2 reasonably accessible D...

D Options  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tryamkin, Myers and Schenn to round out the "D" with Edler, Tanev, OJ, Hughes

forgot about Stech....

Trade Tanev for a 1st round pick if he regains his form and stays healthy.

Edited by Pete M
add

Absolutely Miller. Manageable contract, should be good for 50 points in his prime (now), still young, has some size. Isn't a defensive liability. He isn't the home run player but if we had, say, 4 guys who could put up an average of 50 points from the back end we would see WAY more scoring overall. I think almost 200 points between Edler, Hughes, Miller and Stecher could be close to possible. Plus whatever the final 2 contribute.  20... 30? 

That looks a lot better than our anemic scoring over the last several years.

It also doesnt completely kill us if a guy goes down when spread out like that...

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Just to elaborate, my pick would be Colin Miller. Vegas is in cap problem, and we're in a position to help them. We could take the entirety of Clarkson's contract off their hands (6 million dollar cap hit for one more year) and swipe up Colin Miller for a discount. I realize that would put us right up against the cap, but salary can be moved, be it Tanev, Hutton, or the massive glut of bottom 6 left wingers on the roster. 

For a secondary Dman I'd just resign Schenn for some depth. Doing any more than that would likely put us into serious cap trouble.

Yeah look how well we made out in that last trade with a team in cap trouble.

Also, I am sure Vegas would rather not help a division rival. They will probably try to unload Miller to the eastern conference.

I think we have to be careful who we add and for how long, as we have Tryamkin and Woo just around the corner...…..

I am not saying do not add, just add with purpose, and with the understanding we may have to move one, if the aforementioned 

come on line...….

I would be ok with Stralman short term and Colin Miller, with the understanding that either could be moved, as could Tanev

Go hard on Colin Miller, still under contract, moveable and relatively cost controllable contract...……..

Something good for something needed

Madden + Brisebois for Colin Miller and 2020-2nd

• Upvote 1