The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Anders Lee to enter UFA period

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I would have loved Lee a couple days ago but with Miller added to Pearson who we already picked up... We've got other fish to fry.

This.

Need Defense now. Forward Core is good to go. One d signing or a trade and I’m content heading into Fall.

Baer and Sutter being healthy adds two top 9 players. Gotta sign a few RFAs too. 

Miller-Pete-Boeser

Baer-Bo-Pearson

Leivo-Sutter-Virtanen

Whatever-Green-Feels

lots of skill and size mingled throughout that lineup. 

3 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

This.

Need Defense now. Forward Core is good to go. One d signing or a trade and I’m content heading into Fall.

Baer and Sutter being healthy adds two top 9 players. Gotta sign a few RFAs too. 

Miller-Pete-Boeser

Baer-Bo-Pearson

Leivo-Sutter-Virtanen

Whatever-Green-Feels

Miller-Pete-Boes

Pearson-Bo-Nyquist

Leivo-Gaud-Virt

Rous-Beagle-Motte/MacEwen

Offload Sutter/Baer

Bury Spooner/Loui

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

If Juolevi impresses, ship out Hutton. 

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I would have loved Lee a couple days ago but with Miller added to Pearson who we already picked up... We've got other fish to fry.

putting ANY eggs, let alone that many, in the pearson basket would be a huge mistake for a gm that needs to make the playoffs in order to keep his job. 

42 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Exactly

Don't need to turn into a contender in 1 offseason

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Miller-Pete-Boes

Pearson-Bo-Nyquist

Leivo-Gaud-Virt

Rous-Beagle-Motte/MacEwen

Offload Sutter/Baer

Bury Spooner/Loui

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

If Juolevi impresses, ship out Hutton. 

Buying Lou out frees up about 1 mill. Not feasable 

15 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Dump Eriksson and Sutter.  Heck, get rid of Granlund, Spooner, and Goldy too. Even Baer.  

Lotsa space.

What....Dump JV, Lee is what we wanted JV to become and he clearly isn't even close to this level, instant upgrade from a 4th liner to a 1st/2nd line power forward.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I don’t know that one relates to the other.  We can do both.

Pearson shouldn’t be a permanent fixture in our top 6.  If we have visions of success, he and Leivo are 3rd liners (who can move up in case of injury and not hurt you).  It may take a couple years to get to that stage, but I don’t think we can pretend we are close to done up front.

At the top end, Lee and Myers cost us $14 million, we can wrangle that and more.

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Too rich for us.  When can the Canucks and Loui mutually agree to terminate?  That’s six million off the cap.  

It’s not happening Alf! 

I hope it happens but there is no way in hell it does. It would be unprecedented, and one of the strangest moves that I’d ever seen.  

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

This.

Miller-Pete-Boeser

Baer-Bo-Pearson

Leivo-Sutter-Virtanen

Whatever-Green-Feels

Hey, I'd be ok if we add Connolly, Nyquist etc too...

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Nyquist/Conolly

..would look awful nice. But yes, Adding to our D should be priority #1 whether that be UFA/trade or both and we'll need to clear out some depth F bodies if we're going to add a 2RW.

1 hour ago, tas said:

putting ANY eggs, let alone that many, in the pearson basket would be a huge mistake for a gm that needs to make the playoffs in order to keep his job. 

Laughable concept declared as fact :bored:

38 minutes ago, Provost said:

Pearson shouldn’t be a permanent fixture in our top 6.  If we have visions of success, he and Leivo are 3rd liners (who can move up in case of injury and not hurt you).  It may take a couple years to get to that stage, but I don’t think we can pretend we are close to done up front.

At the top end, Lee and Myers cost us $14 million, we can wrangle that and more.

In theory? Sure. I'm not opposed to also adding Lee if the terms are reasonable. He's a damn good player that would make us that much better. But as of right now, we have higher priorities to address in the lineup.

Our top 6 at present is at least solid if not at 'elite/contender' level yet, even without him. Our D on the other hand...

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It’s not happening Alf! 

I hope it happens but there is no way in hell it does. It would be unprecedented, and one of the strangest moves that I’d ever seen.  

Then Loui rides buses in the AHL, and we save 1 million off the cap.  Still a win.  Can't have that guy in the room.  He has no energy, and passion.   

On 6/24/2019 at 8:20 AM, Provost said:

Only if the Canucks shed some cap.  $14 million would leave $3.6m to re-sign Boeser, Leivo, Goldobin and Motte. Not to mention the rumoured Benn signing.