The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Gustav Nyquist

Counterpoint -- it's also been said that they were not only fully aware but factoring in the Louie recap possibility.  they had enough for Myers+ without buying out Spooner.  JB's typically a straight-shooter, so it would be out of character to say this now but go ahead and sign one tomorrow.  That is, unless a LE deal manifests itself suddenly.

1 minute ago, brian42 said:

Yah I think Ottawa would if we sweeten the deal, but what would it take? 

we take back Z. Smith, who is owed 6.5m in salary over 2 years. We would only have to add  I guess because we take the lower cap hit back, but pay out double the salary...so not much of a plus from us?

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Do we really need to have any interest in a LW anymore after JT trade?

JT, Pearson, Sven, Roussel, Goldy, Schaller.

We need a RW option for Bo's line imo, and a RHD, which i guess is Mr. Pencil 

I think ?Jake will be a big surprise this camp, and win the right wing spot with Bo and Pearson.  Then Jake will go on to score 25 goals, 40 points, and be a nasty piece of business to play against.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well Benning better get creative with the trade route then.

If he thinks our scoring problem is solved with the Miller trade he’s in for a wake up call.

Agreed figure it out! Nyquist would be a great add

JB not smart enough to land a top 6 forward, I like him, but he aint that bright sometimes

just think if we kept those second rounders for vey, beartschi, sutter

I do think we are 1 star prospect/young player from a slam dunk, completed rebuild- maybe that is madden? Podkolzin? gaudette? Hoggie? but they are not a slam dunk

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think ?Jake will be a big surprise this camp, and win the right wing spot with Bo and Pearson.  Then Jake will go on to score 25 goals, 40 points, and be a nasty piece of business to play against.  

He could score 25g if his shot was more accurate and he could control the puck driving to the net. A nasty piece of business to play against...that sounds like Tom Wilson. Unfortunately Jake is not that kind of player, he is a Canuck after all haha!!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

surprised we can't move beartschi to phx or something for like a 5th round pick

keep him, we need to move LE, Sutter or Schaller before Sven. Sven for his cap hit is reasonable, he just always gets hurt...

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Friedman reporter yesterday that the Canucks are looking to move out some money. Hopefully they find a last minute deal and sign Nyquist. 

dear god I hope so, but it would seem a little late to do this... Montreal was able to move delauriers, why the sh!t can't we move beartschi or schaller

25 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

JB not smart enough to land a top 6 forward, I like him, but he aint that bright sometimes

just think if we kept those second rounders for vey, beartschi, sutter

I do think we are 1 star prospect/young player from a slam dunk, completed rebuild- maybe that is madden? Podkolzin? gaudette? Hoggie? but they are not a slam dunk

JT Miller is what ? a depth option ?

• Upvote 1

JB needs to act fast in ditching 2 of Eriksson, Sutter and Tanev so that we can add a real top 6 forward!! Not sure if he'd consider throwing in Gaudette and Joulevi to make things happen...

If not, we'll just be forced to go with Goldobin and Baertschi...  that's just the reality. Or.... an aging Perry who's attracting interest, no matter what you guys think how he's slow and crappy...