The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Gustav Nyquist

16 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

dear god I hope so, but it would seem a little late to do this... Montreal was able to move delauriers, why the sh!t can't we move beartschi or schaller

what does a physical 4th liner making less than a million have to do with Baertschi?

Just now, oldnews said:

what does a physical 4th liner making less than a million have to do with Baertschi?

montreal was able to move an over paid, useless player to get cap space but we cannot move a useful player who is reasonably paid to get cap space... follow?

• Wat 3

8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

JB needs to act fast in ditching 2 of Eriksson, Sutter and Tanev so that we can add a real top 6 forward!! Not sure if he'd consider throwing in Gaudette and Joulevi to make things happen...

If not, we'll just be forced to go with Goldobin and Baertschi...  that's just the reality. Or.... an aging Perry who's attracting interest, no matter what you guys think how he's slow and crappy...

Knee-jerk trading away of good young prospects just to buy a UFA?  If Baertschi is healthy he's on Bo's line.  Perry's gone to Dallas.

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

montreal was able to move an over paid, useless player to get cap space but we cannot move a useful player who is reasonably paid to get cap space... follow?

you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

cannot believe JB has not done more, his job is on the line he needs to exhaust all options to improve this club in the short and long term. For instance, we should move dipietro + because we do not need him. dipietro + Tanev for an upgrade on the back end? risto? or Dipietro+ for a forward most preferably, also Juolevi is expendable if we can get the right player like Dipietro+ Juolevi for a good young forward

Edited by Canucks Curse
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

It hasn’t even started, let alone finished?

I bet we do nothing else aside from Myers and Benn before the season starts, I do think Virtanen can be a top 6 guy, but its not a slam dunk, was hoping for another sure fire top 6 forward

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

I bet we do nothing else aside from Myers and Benn before the season starts, I do think Virtanen can be a top 6 guy, but its not a slam dunk, was hoping for another sure fire top 6 forward

I’m hoping for a Nyquist level player too but it will take some interest in our middle 6ers or a Loui deal.  I’m hoping, anyways.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Miller - top-6 forward

Myers - top-4 defenceman

Benn - veteran dman

And still three months to go.

I appreciate your patient approach to describing a patient approach. How do you do it?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Miller - top-6 forward

Myers - top-4 defenceman

Benn - veteran dman

And still three months to go.

and it is in those 3 months where usually nothing happens

if JB somehow gets a termination of LEs contract that would be a big win

52 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Knee-jerk trading away of good young prospects just to buy a UFA?  If Baertschi is healthy he's on Bo's line.  Perry's gone to Dallas.

So... you are suggesting that our top 6 forward group is all good now that we have Miller?

We should be content to have Baertschi and Goldobin...  and IF there are opportunities for JB to get cap space via trading Sutter/Eriksson, you don't want that right? 

43 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

and it is in those 3 months where usually nothing happens

if JB somehow gets a termination of LEs contract that would be a big win

lol, you can't have it both ways, guy.  He's already made a trade for the top-6, is signing a top-4 and bottom-pairing dman (the latter for less than Hutton), and there's still over THREE MONTHS until the season starts.  That includes not just the summer, but training camp and pre-season.

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

cannot believe JB has not done more, his job is on the line he needs to exhaust all options to improve this club in the short and long term. For instance, we should move dipietro + because we do not need him. dipietro + Tanev for an upgrade on the back end? risto? or Dipietro+ for a forward most preferably, also Juolevi is expendable if we can get the right player like Dipietro+ Juolevi for a good young forward

:frantic:

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

I'm a huge Jake V fan but I'm not even counting on him to be a consistent top 6 forward...  

I think JB will pick up an affordable  guy like Berglund who's desperate to get a short term deal to prove himself again...  I like his resume! 

33 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

How about Eriksson + Goldobin + Tanev??  Go big or go home!

Creates a whole on D but it could potentially be filled, I’d definitely sweeten the pot to get ride of that bum.  Less of a problem for them as they only have to pay half his cap hit. 

Edited by brian42