The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Gustav Nyquist

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gus is a player.  He would be great with Bo.  I really think Loui, after July 1 bonus, is going to mutually terminate.  

Not sure we could save enough on cap to make it worthwhile terminating, @Alflives, but I think there are teams out there, that Eriksson could help, and with only 3k actual salary due for 3 years, I think we’ll find someone to take him after July 1 bonus is paid.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Can never have enough centers. God forbid one of Horvat or Petey go down for an extended period of time. 

I agree but do we warehouse them,Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, Beagle, Gaudette, Nyquist and Utica's collection.

Just now, 6string said:

I agree but do we warehouse them,Pettersson, Horvat, Sutter, Beagle, Gaudette, Nyquist and Utica's collection.

Only two of the guys you listed (not including Nyquist) should be anywhere near a top 6 though. Luckily, Miller can also play center. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

5 minutes ago, 6string said:

Nyquist isn't a C. He's  LW or RW. Can play either side. He's a skill player who can pass the puck exactly what Horvat and Pearson need for their line. 

Gaudette is 5th C. He can play wing and C while he learns the NHL game. Always need extra C as there's always an injury. Especially when one of them is named Sutter.

5 centres are minimum..  That's what we have. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Nyquist isn't a C. He's  LW. He's a skill player who can pass the puck exactly what Horvat and Pearson need for their line. 

Gaudette is 5th C. He can play wing and C while he learns the NHL game. Always need extra C as there's always am injury. 

5 centres are minimum..  That's what we have. 

HockeyDB and NHL.Com  has him listed at Center...He played wing with SJ.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Pass. With Miller, I think our biggest priority should be defensemen. We could use another winger, but we don't desperately need it anymore.

Don't be so sure man... we have been dying for consistent scoring lines since our last cup final....

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If we were to sign Nyquist, signing someone like Meyers would become more difficult, considering the money that it would take to sign both of them. 

That said, if it keeps us from overpaying Meyers and making a trade for someone on an existing contract that's easier to swallow, I'm all for it, as long as Nyquist isn't given a full NTC and we're able to move him at some point in a few years.

It's my understanding that they plan to buyout Spooner, look for a possible trade of Hutton and Loui, and if not Loui will be buried in the minors. 

14 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I would much prefer Nyquist over Lee.

Agreed as we still need to boost our skill.  Currently if they focus on Pettersson and Boeser there is not a lot of skill to compensate.  Compete and drive and decent size but a touch more skill would be good.  This is why I can’t wait for Pod as he gives both.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Can never have enough centers. God forbid one of Horvat or Petey go down for an extended period of time. 

Again.  Killed us last year when Bo burned himself out trying to make up for when Sutter and Petey were injured.  That's one nice thing with Miller on board, it lightens that load.  Another C is not a bad idea.  

• Upvote 3