The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JT Miller first interview

Rate this topic

EP-40

Like I said in the other thread, he's saying all the right things.

He's got a real opportunity to be a 'go-to' guy here and make an impact over and above what he did in TB/NY.

He's going to see a lot of prime ice time here.

It's up to him from this point. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Like I said in the other thread, he's saying all the right things.

He's got a real opportunity to be a 'go-to' guy here and make an impact over and above what he did in TB/NY.

He's going to see a lot of prime ice time here.

It's up to him from this point. 

He said he likes to hunt.  The memories of Booth come up.  :sick:

It's not the hunting either, it's Booth. :sick:

JTM is way better than Booth :sick:

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He said he likes to hunt.  The memories of Booth come up.  :sick:

It's not the hunting either, it's Booth. :sick:

JTM is way better than Booth :sick:

Booth was a good guy, just unfortunate with injuries it seems.

I agree I have much higher expectations of J.T.    (I just had to check and it stands for Jonathan Tanner if anyone is wondering) 

Image result for j.t. miller

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Talk is cheap.

Lets wait and see what he brings next season.  He better be ready to go as the club will need what he brings...

Would love to see some of the older gritty  players meet with Loui E and tell him to wind his head and start to give a crap..

The problem is our leaders (the new Bo led group) are all young.  We still have Edler, but do we see him as a guy that would take Loui out to the woodshed?

Loui was supposed to be a leader too. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, EP-40 said:

I think we got a really good player on a good contract.

Like the player and don't mind the contract. It was giving away the 1st to TB that hurt. I'm usually a wait and see kind of guy, but in this case, Miller has to produce and help get the Canucks into the playoffs within 2 years, otherwise the Canucks lost this trade bad. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I agree I have much higher expectations of J.T.    (I just had to check and it stands for Jonathan Tanner if anyone is wondering) 

I wasn't, but fyi AC Slater stood for Albert Clifford. That's a Saved By the Bell Trivia that stumps everyone.

That is all.

• Haha 1

Haven't been able to listen yet. Did he talk about leaving a President's trophy winning team and Cup contender to a Canadian team spinning its wheels in futility? Did he talk about losing tax diollars by leaving Florida? Hope he likes the rain lol 

Welcome JT!

I am being sarcastic and a little silly for fun, because in interviews like this, the players are always trying to say the right things, not what they really feel. Sometimes their joy is pure and genuine. Like Subban's reaction to going to NJ.

There is a heep of pressure on this guy to perform and produce in VAN. Canucks fans know what they gave up for him. If he turns out great and he excels on Pettersson's line and they make the playoffs, then I will cheer this trade big time. Until then, I am skeptical.  

45 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Talk is cheap.

Lets wait and see what he brings next season.  He better be ready to go as the club will need what he brings...

Would love to see some of the older gritty  players meet with Loui E and tell him to wind his head in  and start to give a crap..

If LE isn’t traded he’s going to have a fire under his ass both from the dressing room reaction to his commentary and to prove he’s not a third liner....wouldn’t surprise me at all if he had a bounce back year where he gives it 120% ... 

• Upvote 1

Nice interview. I didn't get the feeling he was trying to say the right things. Seemed like he was answering honestly.

Like how he knows his game, what he's learned about his roles, where he sees improvement, and his confidence in the young players already on the team. Thought he also expanded well on his transition game.

Looking forward to hearing more from him. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

wasn't, but fyi AC Slater stood for Albert Clifford. That's a Saved By the Bell Trivia that stumps everyone.

AC Slater makes a mean quiche

Image result for ac slater apron

That is all.

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Haven't been able to listen yet. Did he talk about leaving a President's trophy winning team and Cup contender to a Canadian team spinning its wheels in futility? Did he talk about losing tax diollars by leaving Florida? Hope he likes the rain lol 

Welcome JT!

I am being sarcastic and a little silly for fun, because in interviews like this, the players are always trying to say the right things, not what they really feel. Sometimes their joy is pure and genuine. Like Subban's reaction to going to NJ.

There is a heep of pressure on this guy to perform and produce in VAN. Canucks fans know what they gave up for him. If he turns out great and he excels on Pettersson's line and they make the playoffs, then I will cheer this trade big time. Until then, I am skeptical.  

His most candid moment was saying he kind of lost his voice because when he found out he got traded he was at a bachelor party in Vegas lol 

He also acknowledged he played on a team with elite players and gave that as a reason for his mild drop in production (less ice time, different role). he seems poised and looking forward to having a chance at a bigger role

Edited by Chicken.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Another Tanner... the plot thickens...

I like that he loves Vancouver as a city. The part where he said when they came up on a road trip they always got to spend a few days (being from an Eastern team) and that he loved coming out. 

I like this guy. Seems like a student of the game and is very well spoken. 

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Talk is cheap.

so are CDC posts.

I'm going to go ahead and make the reasonable assumption that you therefore didn't really listen.

That's your prerogative - but you thereby also really have noting to say.

I'll take the guy who show excitement and enthusiasm over the one that pouts over being dealt from a contender, anyday.

That may be 'cheap' but I'll take it.

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3