The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If someone gives Boeser a HUGE offersheets should we match or let him walk and collect the picks?

Rate this topic

Gator

3 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I think I'd match and then trade him to them for the extra 1st lol

Actually I take that back, I'd trade him to their rival for less

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

That is a terrible return for a potential 40 goal scorer who is 22 years old. You match it and then trade him a year or so later like the Predators did with Weber.

If you're paying him 10+ million, and he's scoring lots of goals then you keep him.

If you're paying him 10+ million, and he's not scoring lots of goals then why would anyone give you 1st round picks for a bad contract?

Boeser isn't a Norris quality hard to play against D man, captain.  He's a winger that's not doing much unless he's scoring, so let's not compare him to Weber.  

3 hours ago, Master Higgins said:

From what i understand its because he didnt play at least ten games in his first season so he doesnt qualify 

all rfa player can be offer sheet. you are thinking about expansion draft where players like hughes won't require protection because he played less than 10 games in his 1st year

3 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

actually its the following - which I think you take. You can't over pay guys and expect to compete long term

2 First Round Picks
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

Yes take that and run unless it’s tampa. 

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

That is a terrible return for a potential 40 goal scorer who is 22 years old. You match it and then trade him a year or so later like the Predators did with Weber.

Is this Benning? How is that terrible? Lol Boeser is a low 1st himself.....

2 hours ago, Pears said:

:rolleyes: :picard:

That totally falls into what he would do unfortunately. Montreal: Kassian for Prust straight up. Dim Jim: no we will add a draft pick too! Montreal: wait?! You are actually not only accepting that deal and adding a pick?!?!

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The odds we draft Boeser again with any of those picks is extremely unlikely.

Not really. We found a 40 goal scorer from The ECHL in Burrows. Moulson and another islander became 40 goal scorers out of nowhere and mark stone is a mid round 1st. 

I am pretty sure its worth the risk. I think worse case you take the 10 million to sign duchene or Panarin. Most likely you find a younger Brock with a way better cap hit and best case you find EP, Hughes, o Reilly, and Edler. You take it lol 

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Master Higgins said:

no idea then, we shall see how it goes and we shall see wh balk first as benning can't afford to let this drag into the season as his job will most likely hinge on the success of the team this year.. so i can see boeser having the leverage in the negotiation 

1 hour ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Boeser does not have arbitration rights and he cannot be signed to an offer sheet. Hughes will be in the same boat in two years...benefit of burning first year of ELC by playing a couple games at the end of the season.

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/06/05/the-back-and-forth-of-the-boeser-negotiations/

Not a fan of that trade off. I’d rather have them on one more dirt cheap year.

5 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I am a huge Boeser fan and I am on record saying I believe this guy can become a 40-50 goal scorer 1 day. That being said there is no certainty and there is a bit of injury concern there.

I'm down for a 2-5 year show me deal around 6-7M per, but if someone offers him 7 years $10M+ per should we just let him walk and collect the 3 1st round picks? At least I believe it's 3 1st rounders

We could collect the picks in hopes of them becoming lottery picks and hopefully use that money on Panarin 

What's the injury concern for you?