The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2019 Canucks Developmental Camp

Here is a list of the Canucks' Developmental Camp and in brackets the team that they played for during last season. 

D-Men:  

• DeNaples, Paul (Penn State, NCAA) 
  • Eliot, Mitch (Sarnia, OHL)
  • Frisch, Ethan (Fargo, USHL) 
  • Peric, Lucas (Ottawa, OHL)
  • Rafferty, Brogan (Quinnipiac, NCAA) 
  • Teves, Josh (Princeton, NCAA)
  • Utunen, Toni (Tappara, SM-Liiga) 
  • Woo, Jett* (Moose Jaw, WHL) <---  note, he's not participating in any on-ice activities 

Forwards: 

• Bowlby, Henry (Harvard, NCAA) 
  • Craighead, Darien (Northern Michigan, NCAA) 
  • Elefalk, Adrian (Brynas, SweHL)
  • Focht, Carson (Calgary, WHL) 
  • Finlay, Liam (U of Denver, NCAA) 
  • Hoglander, Nils (Rogle, SweHL)
  • Karlsson, Linus* (Karlskrona, Allsvenskan) <---  not participating in any on-ice activities 
  • Keppen, Ethan (Flint, OHL) 
  • Lockwood, Will (U of Michigan, NCAA) 
  • McDonough, Aidan (Cedar Rapids, USHL) 
  • Madden, Tyler (Northeastern, NCAA) 
  • Malone, Jack (Youngstown, USHL)
  • Plasek, Karel (Brno, Czech) 
  • Stevenson, Keegan (Guelph, OHL) 

Goalies: 

• DiPietro, Michael (Ottawa, OHL) 
  • Kielly, Jake (Clarkson, NCAA) 
  • Silovs, Arturs (HC Riga, MHL) 
  • Thiessen, Matthew (Dubuque, USHL) 

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think our first round pick, can't participate in the actual camp as he's under contract to a KHL team.

I'm hoping that he'll get to at least participate in some of the other team building stuff. Grouse grind maybe??? :)

Podkolzin is already back home.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think our first round pick, can't participate in the actual camp as he's under contract to a KHL team.

I'm hoping that he'll get to at least participate in some of the other team building stuff. Grouse grind maybe??? :)

He already left for Russia right after the draft.

No, because he's under a KHL contract, he can't do anything NHL related, including our developmental camp.  

In other news, as per Alex Auld, Jake Kielly is looking like a great goaltender based on his first impression.  From a goalie to a goalie, high praise. 

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Benning said at the draft VPod didn't have paperwork necessary to participate in camp and there would be no chance it would get done in time.

He already returned to Russia apparently. 

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If true, this is indeed significant seeing as though this is at the grassroots level of the organization. Player development is everything in todays NHL (it's always been but the absolute need for roster players in their entry level years has never been more important).

42 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

That’s interesting.

Wasn’t Scotty at the draft? I seem to remember seeing him at the table and on stage with Pod.

Maybe just shuffling positions?

Ryan Johnson is already Sr. Director of Player Development. Maybe they just gave Walker a different title?

Hard to imagine they brought him to the draft and invited him up on stage for the handshake line just days ago, and now they’re canning him.

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That’s interesting.

Wasn’t Scotty at the draft? I seem to remember seeing him at the table and on stage with Pod.

Maybe just shuffling positions?

Ryan Johnson is already Sr. Director of Player Development. Maybe they just gave Walker a different title?

Hard to imagine they brought him to the draft and invited him up on stage for the handshake line just days ago, and now they’re canning him.

I think I'd rather continue on with the charade of him being part of the team, than firing him prior to the draft with extensive knowledge on our draft strategy lol

29 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

I think I'd rather continue on with the charade of him being part of the team, than firing him prior to the draft with extensive knowledge on our draft strategy lol

Maybe he has other options. Agreed to follow through with draft prep and is leaving now that the draft is over. Doesn’t mean he has been fired. 

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

KHL starts earlier than NHL.  Pod will be playing real hockey in an adult league.:towel:

• Upvote 1

Was odd Pod had to leave right after being drafted. I wonder if there was some paperwork Walker could have filed to cover the canucks in the event they drafted Pod that would have allowed him to stay.

Seems odd he was let go right after this. Did he miss something? Hmm.

21 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Was odd Pod had to leave right after being drafted. I wonder if there was some paperwork Walker could have filed to cover the canucks in the event they drafted Pod that would have allowed him to stay.

Seems odd he was let go right after this. Did he miss something? Hmm.

F1EC6617-E8B4-4F54-8EA7-E8A319B81958.gif

• Haha 1