The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Canucks win a dispute with NHL on cap penalty?

Rate this topic

Slegr

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

My guess is publicly the Canuck management team will give a "it is what it is" sort of mantra but in the background they will indeed be pushing this hard.   The time for the NHL to respond will be away from the retirement timing and potentially sometime later in the summer.   My guess is Canucks ARE pressing this one VERY hard but don't want to (and don't think it would help their case with NHL if they were to) do this in public.   In public, tow the line and let the save face and take credit if this is reversed.   That is my guess on what is going on.

I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

My guess is publicly the Canuck management team will give a "it is what it is" sort of mantra but in the background they will indeed be pushing this hard.   The time for the NHL to respond will be away from the retirement timing and potentially sometime later in the summer.   My guess is Canucks ARE pressing this one VERY hard but don't want to (and don't think it would help their case with NHL if they were to) do this in public.   In public, tow the line and let the save face and take credit if this is reversed.   That is my guess on what is going on.

yeah, the public outrage has to come from fans.

The team's response should be measured - but I think instead of conceding, it should point out the ludicrous inconsistency with which this penalty is applied/policed.

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

yeah, the public outrage has to come from fans.

The team's response should be measured - but I think instead of conceding, it should point out the ludicrous inconsistency with which this penalty is applied/policed.

Again, it does no good for the team to get public about this.....and I think they are very much working this behind the scenes.  IF they are going to get a concession, it has to come from NHL as ratified by the BOG and that will take a measured approach and a majority of the Board to agree (which are not all going out of their way to help Vancouver if they are ranting publicly about "woe is me").

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Again, it does no good for the team to get public about this.....and I think they are very much working this behind the scenes.  IF they are going to get a concession, it has to come from NHL as ratified by the BOG and that will take a measured approach and a majority of the Board to agree (which are not all going out of their way to help Vancouver if they are ranting publicly about "woe is me").

good luck with your faith.

I think you'll have a better chance with a legal challenge.

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

good luck with your faith.

I think you'll have a better chance with a legal challenge.

Good luck with suing the NHL and ever getting the NHL BOG let alone the NHL executive to ever give your management team benefit of doubt.