The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Luke Schenn Still Being Considered To Be Re-Signed By Canucks...

Schenn must want an extra year on his contract.  He'll get two years somewhere.  If it's us, okay.  Not more than whatever the cap savings are for sending him to Utica though.  

So, I'm okay with Schenn getting 2 years at 1 million per.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great news! I believe that Luke Schenn established himself as a solid player for the rebuilding Canucks. He brought grit, tenacity, and toughness to the table for Vancouver, taking on the responsibility of being the team’s tough guy and stepping up to protect the roster’s young talent when it was needed. Schenn also took Quinn Hughes under his wing for the rookie’s first five games in the majors, acting as a calming influence both on the ice and on the bench in-between shifts. I believe that Luke Schenn was truly a Hit with the Vancouver Canuck Fans! The #Schenn-OMeter was awesome to watch! The Canuck’ should have one up for the home games on the jumbotron next season! We could call him the #Shenninator. I truly believe that Schenn can play the role of a critical shutdown defenseman and that is crucial for the Vancouver Canucks aspirations of one day lifting the Stanley Cup.

• CanucksSuperfan16 changed the title to [Discussion] Luke Schenn Stll Being Considered To Be Re-Signed By Canucks...

I'd do 2year x1.35.

Just to have him throwing his body and smashing people if they touch Hughes or Petey.

If and it's a big if, we do sign Meyers. Having schenn and Rousey when he is back should be sufficient enough for 'grit'. No?

• Like 1

Edler, Tanev, Hughes, Stetcher, ( Meyers --maybe)  Sautner, Juolevi, Biega, Schenn  That would be 9 D men..

Really want to trade for Miller D out of Vegas 6'1, 215, 26  easy #4 guy -

Jordie Benn--- avg 18 mins in Montreal last year??  2-to-3 yrs - x 2.8 million

If we can't trade for Miller have to sign Benn 2yrs x 2.8

We need toughness on this D that is why Miller and Benn can add that...

Meyers, Miller, Been would be fantastic...

• Like 1

• CanucksSuperfan16 changed the title to [Discussion] Luke Schenn Still Being Considered To Be Re-Signed By Canucks...

The guy plays with heart and will go to the wall for his teammates.  Can't say that about most of the Canucks.  They just aren't physical players when it comes to standing up for themselves or their teammates.  They score goals, etc and no opposition is afraid of them  Having a few guys like Schenn and Rousel can at least make the opposition think twice.  Two years for 1.2 million a year.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freeridebc said:

I'd do 2year x1.35.

Just to have him throwing his body and smashing people if they touch Hughes or Petey.

If and it's a big if, we do sign Meyers. Having schenn and Rousey when he is back should be sufficient enough for 'grit'. No?

My only concern with this scenario is that when we had Guddy as our "enforcer", we saw that it's very disruptive to our team to lose a d-man for 5 minutes, 15 minutes or even the whole game.  I'm really not a fan of having our only tough guy be a d-man.  Roussell is awesome and I love having him on the Canucks, but he's only a middleweight that initiates contact, not the type to make the other team accountable for cheap, dirty hits.  

I still think that trading Louie for Lucic, and signing Schenn would be the best way for us to make sure that our team is well protected.  

Give Schenn $2 mil for 2 years, he was great on our team last year!

I have no issue with bringing him back for 1-2 years.  He provides that physical element which is great, and knows he needs to prove himself anywhere he might go so should ve fime with being a #7 guy.  He is our modern day Alberts.

Besides all that, we know Tanev (or whoever) is going down so I would like one or two true NHL ready guys available when that happens.

Edited by kloubek
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

My only concern with this scenario is that when we had Guddy as our "enforcer", we saw that it's very disruptive to our team to lose a d-man for 5 minutes, 15 minutes or even the whole game.  I'm really not a fan of having our only tough guy be a d-man.  Roussell is awesome and I love having him on the Canucks, but he's only a middleweight that initiates contact, not the type to make the other team accountable for cheap, dirty hits.  

I still think that trading Louie for Lucic, and signing Schenn would be the best way for us to make sure that our team is well protected.  

Give Schenn $2 mil for 2 years, he was great on our team last year!

If it's that much $ it should be a 2-way contract. He's been known to take his foot off the gas at times, do a 2-way will encourage the effort.

• Like 1