The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Leafs re-sign Kasperi Kapanen and Andreas Johnsson

Sign & trade one of em? Either one of them, Kadri, or Nylander's gotta go if they want to fit Marner.

Edit: As said above though, those are nice contracts.

Edited by Gäz

9 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Where are the leafs getting money from ? Breaking Bad style in a storage facility ?

same store that vegas is shopping at

unlimited salary cap space store

jb is simply being out gmed again

shopping retail

:P

(and paying recapture to boot)

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

This is what makes me believe that offer sheets are still frowned upon. You telling me a team like florida or Detroit couldnt offer better? I would have signed either of them to a 5x5 contract. These are good young players.

Edited by 73 Percent

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Good contracts for sure but they still need to move out a Nylander/Kadri etc and still have only 2 defensemen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barrie gets dealt for Nylander.  Solves one problem.  Then Zaitsev out helps them sign Marner.  They will make it work.  Hate the Leafs.

2 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Barrie gets dealt for Nylander.  Solves one problem.  Then Zaitsev out helps them sign Marner.  They will make it work.  Hate the Leafs.

Yeah, well clearly they'll figure SOMETHING out. No idea who's going to take on the Zaitsev contract though, or what that will cost them :lol:

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Good contracts for sure but they still need to move out a Nylander/Kadri etc and still have only 2 defensemen.

The Leaves are ripe for poaching a-prospects. Hutty is headed to LA. 

Tanev 50% retained for Zaitsev + Sandin + Bracco. 

Gives them just enough room to sign Marner and they get a right side upgrade. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 3

This is what buying into a winning team looks like. I truly hope BB6 sees this as players who are putting the team first. Not that he does not deserve to be paid, but Kapanen is not far behind him in terms of talent. This is also why I am hopeful Myers comes here at less cost/term. Sell him on the immediate future of the team and how in 2-3 years we will be in our window while still being able to acquire that one piece to put us over. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No Zaitsevs :angry:

Stop it <_<

no, no I won't. 

You can't tell me that you don't think Sandin and Bracco wouldn't be great - and cheap - additions to this team. 

Yes Zaitzie is 4.5 - but for 3 years of that we'd have Zaitsev, Sandin and Bracco for a total cap hit of 6.5 in year 1, and maybe 8 for the next 2. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don’t see them moving out Nylander. After July 1st They will have already committed 20 million to him. I don’t see them moving on from him till the can get a better return on that investment. 

I know TO is full of money but 20 million is still a ton of money to watch disappear after him having a pour season.