The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Is the Loui Eriksson deal already done?

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And if JB can’t trade Loui without adding assets, or retaining salary, the tell Loui he’s playing in Utica.  Make that guy ride buses, eat crappy food, share rooms on the road, and live in the middle of nowhere.  No more NHL first class life for him.  

crappy food in industrial upstate NY? surely you jest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

crappy food in industrial upstate NY? surely you jest.

Ya.  Those greasy diners are known for making the best Swedish Meatballs. Smother ‘em with thick gravy, and put ‘em on a big pile of mashed potatoes.  Yum!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ya.  Those greasy diners are known for making the best Swedish Meatballs. Smother ‘em with thick gravy, and put ‘em on a big pile of mashed potatoes.  Yum!  

Loui's gonna end up looking like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movies. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And if JB can’t trade Loui without adding assets, or retaining salary, the tell Loui he’s playing in Utica.  Make that guy ride buses, eat crappy food, share rooms on the road, and live in the middle of nowhere.  No more NHL first class life for him.  

So.. To be clear... We can waive him and send him down no problem then we magically get 6m cap space back?

If so, then Benning's bargaining power just went up in my eyes.

7 minutes ago, kloubek said:

So.. To be clear... We can waive him and send him down no problem then we magically get 6m cap space back?

If so, then Benning's bargaining power just went up in my eyes.

No.  Not so easy.  IMO if we waive Loui for the purpose to send him to Utica Loui will refuse to show up.  That puts him in breach of contract, and we can unilaterally terminate.  Loui would retire first though, and save the embarrassment.  Either we terminate or Loui retires.  The result is the same - no more Loui and his cap disappears. :)

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No.  Not so easy.  IMO if we waive Loui for the purpose to send him to Utica Loui will refuse to show up.  That puts him in breach of contract, and we can unilaterally terminate.  Loui would retire first though, and save the embarrassment.  Either we terminate or Loui retires.  The result is the same - no more Loui and his cap disappears. :)

If what you say is true, can we expect that process to end in days?  We need the cap asap if Benning is going to build the them up this year.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:53 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Unfortunately I think that's wishful thinking.  The Canucks are stuck with him until he either eventually gets bought out or the contract runs out.

Any team looking to get to the floor can find better players for $6 million.

Or JB's willing to part with a signicant piece.

6 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It would be nice getting that cap hit back in black.  I suppose it would depend on the player.

I don't know if this would be considered as trolling but one player, I truly believe is expendable is Brock Boeser.

As much as I like him, I'm having trouble envisioning him as a key to us winning a Stanley Cup.

Yes, he has good regular season numbers but playoff hockey is unforgiving toward passive players which Boeser is.

One team that could, truly use Boeser and one that we could get a return from would be Ottowa.

Something like Eriksson (1mil. retained) and Boeser's negotiating rights to Ottowa for their 2020 1st could work out for both teams.

They get a young player over whom they have long-term control and would go a long way to regaining fan interest for their franchise. 

Ottowa taking Eriksson is the only reason I'm offering Boeser at such a cheap price and is the only reason I look at Ottowa as a trade partner.

They love hovering around the cap floor. They get two players  that allow this to happen while adding a significant piece to their line up.

We get a first rounder which replaces the one we lost in the JT Miller deal and is one I'm looking to be a high lottery pick with which we can use to take a prospect or deal to bring in pieces that move us toward a more playoff oriented team.

• Wat 1

Just now, komodo0921 said:

I don't know if this would be considered as trolling but one player, I truly believe is expendable is Brock Boeser.

As much as I like him, I'm having trouble envisioning him as a key to us winning a Stanley Cup.

Yes, he has good regular season numbers but playoff hockey is unforgiving toward passive players which Boeser is.

One team that could, truly use Boeser and one that we could get a return from would be Ottowa.

Something like Eriksson (1mil. retained) and Boeser's negotiating rights to Ottowa for their 2020 1st could work out for both teams.

They get a young player over whom they have long-term control and would go a long way to regaining fan interest for their franchise. 

Ottowa taking Eriksson is the only reason I'm offering Boeser at such a cheap price and is the only reason I look at Ottowa as a trade partner.

They love hovering around the cap floor. They get two players  that allow this to happen while adding a significant piece to their line up.

We get a first rounder which replaces the one we lost in the JT Miller deal and is one I'm looking to be a high lottery pick with which we can use to take a prospect or deal to bring in pieces that move us toward a more playoff oriented team.

No, that's not technically trolling since you're serious, but you better get ready for the poo that people will fling your way as soon as/if they notice that you're willing to lose Boeser.  Get your umbrella out!  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

No, that's not technically trolling since you're serious, but you better get ready for the poo that people will fling your way as soon as/if they notice that you're willing to lose Boeser.  Get your umbrella out!  :lol:

It wouldn't be cdc without it.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

XTwfXBb.gif

• Haha 2