The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Is the Loui Eriksson deal already done?

On 6/30/2019 at 6:43 PM, Alflives said:

No.  Not so easy.  IMO if we waive Loui for the purpose to send him to Utica Loui will refuse to show up.  That puts him in breach of contract, and we can unilaterally terminate.  Loui would retire first though, and save the embarrassment.  Either we terminate or Loui retires.  The result is the same - no more Loui and his cap disappears. :)

You're evil Alf!  Getting people's hopes up like that!  I will say you're wrong hoping that you're Spooner-right. 

Would you guys use Tanev as a sweetner to get rid of Ericksson? I know his value is not much but Ericksson's money owed is not huge anymore. Id honestly take a 5th or higher pick back for the both of them. With the extra cap money we could find another D and maybe a Ferland or Dzingle on 1 year deals. Then have that money freed up for next year and go after Barrie. 

Just now, Vanisleryan said:

Would you guys use Tanev as a sweetner to get rid of Ericksson? I know his value is not much but Ericksson's money owed is not huge anymore. Id honestly take a 5th or higher pick back for the both of them. With the extra cap money we could find another D and maybe a Ferland or Dzingle on 1 year deals. Then have that money freed up for next year and go after Barrie. 

Heard a suggestion on the radio where we trade Loui and Sutter to the Oilers for Lucic and Poolparty.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Heard a suggestion on the radio where we trade Loui and Sutter to the Oilers for Lucic and Poolparty.  

Gross.... I just want his contract gone, not another bad one in return. 

Edited by Vanisleryan
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Vanisleryan said:

Gross.... I just want his contract gone, not another bad one in return. 

Yup.  Me too.  I see the only end game for Loui as him either accepting to play in Utica, or termination of his contract.  

• Upvote 1