The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Putin: Western liberalism is obsolete, outlived its purpose.

sam13371337

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Sucks you still live in the past and can't accept them as gay, tough beans for you.

What really sucks is, even in the year 2019, some people are still of the belief that being gay is a matter of choice.

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

What really sucks is, even in the year 2019, some people are still of the belief that being gay is a matter of choice.

That's what freedom is all about you get to choose :lol:

I guess you just prefer someone being forced into something instead, not right.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Wat 1

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

If that fits your narrative, then fine by me, you're entitled to your CHOICE.

But I prefer swoosh, sounds better!

You truly believe people choose to be gay? They literally sit there one day and just decide that? 

OK. 

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Because woman have actually done this, after dating men and being hurt or treated wrong, some choose to become a lesbian after and insist they will never date men again because of it, that means they chose it.

Lol

Oh I see lol

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Because woman have actually done this, after dating men and being hurt or treated wrong, some choose to become a lesbian after and insist they will never date men again because of it, that means they chose it.

you may wish to look up the term bi sexual, it could clear up your perspective.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

From our adult point of view, we see nudity as this bad thing.  Our kids note our angst, and follow suit.  If we just accepted the human body for what it is, whether fully clothed or not, then our kids wouldn’t continue this pattern of thinking nudity is indecent.  Mothers breast feed their babies in public, right?  One can react with, Oh no don’t look son. Her boobs are exposed!  Or, one can tell their kids that’s how their mommy fed them.  We need to change this entire idea that the naked human body is bad.  

Agreed. Appreciation and respect for the human body does not have anything to do with the pride parade. I am talking about lewd sexual conduct in public, in front of families and children and now it is being normalized in some people's minds.

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

There's that thingy in New Orleans too....but that is pretty R rated...all those weird straight people with their sex acts and nudity. 

Maybe there is a business opportunity here? blinders for kids that have wound up parental units...

Again, context, an Adult Situation with Adults taking adult choices that sometimes land them in jail.

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

You are twisting someone's words.

Nudity is different than sexual and/or lewd conduct.

I bet if you ask any child psychologist, teaching or at least suggesting the naked, human body is somehow bad will do more harm than good.  What if they aspire to one day be a doctor or surgeon?  The human anatomy...that's what children should learn if they do happen to see something.  While I do agree that young kids really don't need to be exposed to others' private parts, if there is an incident while stumbling through town during a parade, the parents' reaction will likely be how they react (too).  If you gasp in horror, the message is sent.  If you explain that "it's just body parts" then that's what it (they lol) are.  No need to put exclamation marks on ... keep cool and carry on.

When adults twist it into something else, that's their deal (not the kids).  And if there is actual sexual activity during the period (that goes beyond basic PDA's) it's reportable as an offense.  But you can't paint the entire parade with a brush dipped in that.  

Nudity is not sex.  I'd start there.

And therein lies the difference between the beach and the parade. Also, no slap on the wrist for people twisting my words and putting words I my mouth? Some people are so desperate for a boogieman...

2 hours ago, inane said:

This is it. If you can't distinguish between a naked body and sexuality, that's on you. 

The parade is entirely sexual. If it was about the love between 2 humans, any 2 humans of consenting age, nobody would have an issue with it.

Edited by Boeserker

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You believe EVERYONE was bisexual before making that choice :towel:

What ever you are smoking or drinking I recommend calling it a day. Get some food into yourself, it will help you a lot. Before you know it you won't be straw manning.

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yup no idea what I'm talking about.... Like no nudity ever at a gay pride parade like you keep insisting, lol okay there, as I said good luck with that.

I'll quote your ignorance once more, maybe this time it will sink in for you: 

These parades are more about sexuality then a parade to celebrate something, that's the bigger issue I guess I would have with the way they want to celebrate this thing.

• Wat 1

36 minutes ago, gurn said:

What ever you are smoking or drinking I recommend calling it a day. Get some food into yourself, it will help you a lot. Before you know it you won't be straw manning.

its amazing what comes out sometimes when you open a window on someone 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its amazing what comes out sometimes when you open a window on someone 

I honestly can't believe how arrogant and hypocritical you are (and this goes across multiple threads). Keep on your high horse, Champ, we accept all types here at CDC. :bigblush:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boeserker said:

The parade is entirely sexual. If it was about the love between 2 humans, any 2 humans of consenting age, nobody would have an issue with it.

And with one small line you've proven you've literally never attended a pride event or understand why pride events exist.

God bless ya for claiming otherwise though

Edited by Warhippy