The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nichushkin on waivers for purpose of buyout

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Oddly enough, that was one of his strong points going into the draft, that he was a relentless hard worker, who can skate and shoot the puck.

And BoHo was initially called an average or below average NHL skater.

Sometimes we never know until we know? 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

And BoHo was initially called an average or below average NHL skater.

Sometimes we never know until we know? 

This is why I’m never too keen on picking Russian so high in the draft, and wasn’t a huge fan of the Podkolzin pick.

But hey, if you’re going to pick at 10, known to be a cursed pick; you might as well swing for the fences.

Edited by shiznak
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I remember him being such a strong talent.  Any word on why it didn’t come together for him?  Even his KHL stats are pedestrian.  Initial reaction is to take a flyer but there must be something going on.

I totally agree my first instinct was to say sign him for a year at the league minimum and give him a shot but man that was an epically bad year. 

18 minutes ago, shiznak said:

This is why I’m never too keen on picking Russian so high in the draft, and wasn’t a huge fan of the Podkolzin pick.

But hey, if you’re going to pick at 10, known to be a cursed pick; you might as well swing for the fences.

Yeah just look at Washington and Pittsburgh. They have to be kicking themselves for drafting Ovechkin and Malkin ahead of those good old Canadian boys Cam Barker and Andrew Ladd!

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

22 minutes ago, shiznak said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4109055

Show me one Russian bust,  and I'll show you 10 Canadian busts.  

Nationality has nothing to do with it.

Some of the greatest talents in the game are Russians.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I remember him being such a strong talent.  Any word on why it didn’t come together for him?  Even his KHL stats are pedestrian.  Initial reaction is to take a flyer but there must be something going on.

Back issues.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Are they behind him or still plaguing him?  Guess that would dictate any level of interest from us.

Any team with interest would want their medical staff to fully investigate, to be sure.

I know he's had hip problems/surgery a few years ago too. Not too certain which would be hindering his progress more at this point.

• Upvote 1

So much hype around Nichuskin. So much disappointment.

All I can think about is how many people on here were uber pissed off the Canucks took Bo over Nuke. 

Imagine a Canucks team without Bo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1