The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nichushkin on waivers for purpose of buyout

I have always adored trader Jim’s tenacity to put together reclamation projects eventually you will capture a diamond in the rough as long as it would be league minimum no more 3X3 mind you those were not real reclamation projects.posters have observed an posted accordingly we have small bus load bottom six to move on to next level we will be needing more dynamic scoring in near future.( no pay off cut bait an waivers) 

43 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Exactly why I feel the "analytics or die" crowd are underestimating how good Benning's teams will be over the next 3 years. He drafts "last guy in the gym" types - they are all extremely self driven. Another reason I like the Miller trade - I think he is going to a great addition to the EP40 line.

Yes, he’s been drafting kids with character and skill he said that many years ago. And look at who he keeps bringing in, kids who “want it”. Now we need to put some of that in a bottle and make Jake drink it! 

5 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I remember him being such a strong talent.  Any word on why it didn’t come together for him?  Even his KHL stats are pedestrian.  Initial reaction is to take a flyer but there must be something going on.

He demanded NHL time out of the gate and wasn't developed very well either.  Nicky is a reason why people are leery of drafting Russians. 

Hope our 10th OA pick is more like Horvat and less like Nicky.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, South Cariboo Canuck said:

Why is it everytime a player is put on waivers.. someone always has to say, ‘ We should give him a try’? Please people, if they are being exposed, most likely we don’t want them.  There is the odd one, but generally let’s not be the ones taking scraps from other teams.

While the sentiment is true the reason players are bought out is due to their contract.  Nichushkin at 1mil vs 3mil is always a different story.  Always need to look for players that are better than their contracts.  Dallas needs the cap for other things.  There is likely some value in players like him at lower amount.  Not saying it is a go in this case but something to look at.

For example who do we want on the roster.  Nichushkin at 1mil or Leivo at 2mil.  I think Leivo but always need to evaluate.

7 hours ago, coryberg said:

Yeah just look at Washington and Pittsburgh. They have to be kicking themselves for drafting Ovechkin and Malkin ahead of those good old Canadian boys Cam Barker and Andrew Ladd!

Nice to see you went back 15 years to find a Russian who went in the top 10 that made an impact.

• Wat 2

7 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4109055

Show me one Russian bust,  and I'll show you 10 Canadian busts.  

Nationality has nothing to do with it.

Some of the greatest talents in the game are Russians.

It’s plain obvious that more NA players/Scandinavians players enter the draft than Russians. So the chances of a NA bust is obviously greater than a Russian bust.

How about find me one Russian superstar that was highly touted in the draft that was picked in the top 10, and I’ll show you 10 Canadian superstars that was a top 10 pick, within 5-10 years.