The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

59 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

nYRkjNs.png&key=cd50cf02e8e516afa713d329

small.png  To CHI: Brad Richardson, Isaac Ratcliffe

small.png  To DET: Kevin Fiala, 2021 2nd , PO Joseph

If Fiala is not part of the deal I would say fair trade but he is there. Am I alone having a hard time to process this trade?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, pmalina said:

If Fiala is not part of the deal I would say fair trade but he is there. Am I alone having a hard time to process this trade?

Chicago was over the cap. This deal brings them under with a cheaper (but older) player with more positional availability, who scores a point per game higher, and is on an arguably better IRL team next year for fantasy CHI’s cup push. Also a great prospect who will undoubtedly wreck this league’s scoring system. In return, a 23 year old winger who scores 2.3 pts a game, for sure has future potential but at this moment doesn’t help a contender, a late second round pick two years from now, and a former late 1st round defenceman who has yet to play pro hockey, once again does have potential and could be good after CHI’s cup window. Big note is dropping CHI below the cap while improving their roster at the same time for a cup. Win win deal

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Salter said:

Chicago was over the cap. This deal brings them under with a cheaper (but older) player with more positional availability, who scores a point per game higher, and is on an arguably better IRL team next year for fantasy CHI’s cup push. Also a great prospect who will undoubtedly wreck this league’s scoring system. In return, a 23 year old winger who scores 2.3 pts a game, for sure has future potential but at this moment doesn’t help a contender, a late second round pick two years from now, and a former late 1st round defenceman who has yet to play pro hockey, once again does have potential and could be good after CHI’s cup window. Big note is dropping CHI below the cap while improving their roster at the same time for a cup. Win win deal

Thanks a lot. I understand the cap reason. Is ARZ than much better than MIN for a cup push? Maybe... Ratcliffe will undoubtedly wreck this league´s scoring system while PO has yet to play pro hockey. Ehm, fine, that guy can accumulate hits but is he much closer to NHL than PO? Maybe... I am trying to see things from different perspective and your take helped. Is it still a fair deal? Maybe... :)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pmalina said:

Thanks a lot. I understand the cap reason. Is ARZ than much better than MIN for a cup push? Maybe... Ratcliffe will undoubtedly wreck this league´s scoring system while PO has yet to play pro hockey. Ehm, fine, that guy can accumulate hits but is he much closer to NHL than PO? Maybe... I am trying to see things from different perspective and your take helped. Is it still a fair deal? Maybe... :)

I would say so. Minnesota is the over-the-hill gang, while Arizona is young and nearly made the playoffs last season while half their team was injured.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I would say so. Minnesota is the over-the-hill gang, while Arizona is young and nearly made the playoffs last season while half their team was injured.

Did Arizona win the cup?

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

Sounds like this league

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

2 hours ago, Salter said:

Did Arizona win the cup?

I like to think the over the hill gang/did they win a cup is a reference to the 1967 leafs, a group of old timers often called "the over the hill gang"

Edited by Sestito'sHandMadeVodka
  • Upvote 3

See, I am all for Golf as a way to take a walk and drink a beer or seven. But I am not sure I brought sufficient mountain climbin equipment to go huffing and puffing up and down that bad-boy. 

...Did you use a caddy, or just a Sherpa?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Master Mind said:

nYRkjNs.png&key=cd50cf02e8e516afa713d329

small.png  To ARZ: Rasmus Dahlin, Jonathan Ericsson, Tomas Jurco, Mikhail Shalagin, Dominik Bokk

small.png  To COL: Mike Hoffman, Travis Hamonic, Kasperi Kapanen, Bryce Brodzinski, 2021 3rd Rd Pick

Just read an article about Shalagin deciding to come to North America this year. Very impressive stats.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sygvard said:

See, I am all for Golf as a way to take a walk and drink a beer or seven. But I am not sure I brought sufficient mountain climbin equipment to go huffing and puffing up and down that bad-boy. 

...Did you use a caddy, or just a Sherpa?

The course was actually perfectly flat. Flattest I’ve ever played honestly. It’s not like anything I’ve seen before...

1FDDD5B8-79FD-4CA7-BCD6-1948F821ABB9.thumb.jpeg.f053ec0f099eac980c09a5c5574d389f.jpeg

This was the only hole with some elevation... it’s like 10 feet?

I actually did have a caddie! It was hot as hell a few of the days, so it was almost necessary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Baer. said:

Just read an article about Shalagin deciding to come to North America this year. Very impressive stats.

I'm happily surprised to see him in Syracuse - apparently skating is his biggest weakness, so spending time working with Barb Underhill should do him well.

2u97kp4.jpg

Alrighty! I've figured out (Hopefully) the waivers list.

Without further adieu - the Ottawa Senators claim Mathieu Perreault off of waivers. 

I believe all others have cleared. 

If someone believes this is wrong please don't hesitate to message me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2