The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

nYRkjNs.png&key=cd50cf02e8e516afa713d329

small.png  To SJS: DAL 2021 1st + Lawson Crouse + Erik Gudbranson + Joonas Donskoi + Devante Smith-Pelly + Connor Brickley

small.png  To DAL: Jamie Benn (5.25M retained 2019/2020, 2.625M retained 2020/2021), Andy Greene (2.5M retained 2019/2020), Lucas Wallmark (250K retained 2019/2020), Kyle Topping

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Is there any limit to the number of retained dollar contracts a team can have at any time? Also is there any limit to how many times a team can retain at one time?

No limits. Just the player's salary can't get below 50%.

1 hour ago, Silver Ghost said:

Is there any limit to the number of retained dollar contracts a team can have at any time? Also is there any limit to how many times a team can retain at one time?

:lol:... no limits baby!

At one point I had $33M in rentention (and probably $10M in cap penalties from burying players). Now it’s only a measly $12.5M...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

It explains a lot looking at the rosters lol

There were atleast 3 teams run into the ground just before I joined the league, Ottawa(me), Washington, Colorado, and I think buffalo? It really tips the balance of the league where basically all we had was cap space to accrue assets. So I think the lack of limits on retention is useful. 

When you take over a team with its best prospect being Linus Arnesson; a top line of Duclair, Lehtera, and Abdelkader; and you are without your teams 1st round pick, which was 1st OA btw... you do what ya gotta do. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

There were atleast 3 teams run into the ground just before I joined the league, Ottawa(me), Washington, Colorado, and I think buffalo? It really tips the balance of the league where basically all we had was cap space to accrue assets. So I think the lack of limits on retention is useful. 

When you take over a team with its best prospect being Linus Arnesson; a top line of Duclair, Lehtera, and Abdelkader; and you are without your teams 1st round pick, which was 1st OA btw... you do what ya gotta do. 

I wasnt judging. Just curious. No team should ever be allowed to be decimated like that imo.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Buffalo wasn't as bad as Ottawa or Colorado - We had 4 good players, Wheeler, Rinne, Backes and Marchessault. That was...literally it though.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Master Mind said:

nYRkjNs.png&key=cd50cf02e8e516afa713d329

small.png  To SJS: DAL 2021 1st + Lawson Crouse + Erik Gudbranson + Joonas Donskoi + Devante Smith-Pelly + Connor Brickley

small.png  To DAL: Jamie Benn (5.25M retained 2019/2020, 2.625M retained 2020/2021), Andy Greene (2.5M retained 2019/2020), Lucas Wallmark (250K retained 2019/2020), Kyle Topping

I know I balked at paying a 1st plus for Benn  (actually a lot more than a 1st plus)?

Got to hand it to Pmalina for getting some value.

Plus Gudbrandson!  :lol: 

• Wat 2