The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

17 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Slowly but surely getting support on the 1v8 idea B)

All I want is to have the best teams make the playoffs. 

I'm 100% on board with the 1v8. The NHL playoff format is hot garbage.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Salter said:

General public vote on this one as we haven’t heard much feedback outside of Boston. Vote will be live for 48hrs.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LKKTWCP

@Master Mind @Jaku  @thejazz97

I have decided to resign. This vote is poorly done, and not necessary. 

Ottawa, Pittsburgh, LA & Vancouver have all swapped locations without public votes this summer. Nor were we consulted 2 years ago when Carolina was moved. The Carolina move was poorly constructed, and was never right. All these other moves circling around, and nobody noticed, or paid much attention even when asked to correct the earlier mistake. 

Putting it to a vote now?   

I'd like to thank everyone for there time, the chance to participate & all the banter. As much as I am mad, I also thank the exec groups, past & present, for putting there time and effort to run the league. It is & was appreciated.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

13 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have decided to resign.

If it will keep you from resigning, I’ll change my vote. The league is much better off with you being apart of it. We have literally never agreed on a single topic, but your POV is always needed. 

I’m against the change, but not so much to lose a quality GM. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

@Master Mind @Jaku  @thejazz97

I have decided to resign. This vote is poorly done, and not necessary. 

Ottawa, Pittsburgh, LA & Vancouver have all swapped locations without public votes this summer. Nor were we consulted 2 years ago when Carolina was moved. The Carolina move was poorly constructed, and was never right. All these other moves circling around, and nobody noticed, or paid much attention even when asked to correct the earlier mistake. 

Putting it to a vote now?   

I'd like to thank everyone for there time, the chance to participate & all the banter. As much as I am mad, I also thank the exec groups, past & present, for putting there time and effort to run the league. It is & was appreciated.

Don't go. We can sort this out. I enjoy watching your try to catch me :P

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Salter said:

With all due respect, those were all moves made at the request of the teams you’ve mentioned. 

You are demanding that we move two teams, neither of which are under your control. You have been persistent on wanting this change done this off season although I don’t believe you’ve mentioned anything about it the past few seasons that it has been in place.

For what it’s worth, I voted on moving the teams back to their proper divisions, but you can’t post in the thread requesting that teams other than your own be moved, and then be upset that we put a league vote and you compare it to when teams voluntarily asked to be moved.

With that being said, the vote so far is in favour of your suggestion. You’re a very good GM and we’d like you to stay. Your reasoning for leaving doesn’t align with what happened this summer IMO and I hope you don’t hold us accountable for a move that the old commissioner team decided on (and consulted myself and Carolina on before the move, though I don’t know much about the entire situation back then besides balancing).

Your viewpoint as a whole is fair, but only to a point. Problems may have been inherited. You can still deal with them fairly. 

We raised this issue last summer. Again when the Ottawa / LA / Pitt / Winnipeg, moves were made. Then 2 weeks ago... Each time the response was the ''exec team did what they thought was best.'' That was that, over and over. If any discussion, or solutions resulted, we were not made aware of it. It made the game less fun.

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Your viewpoint as a whole is fair, but only to a point. Problems may have been inherited. You can still deal with them fairly. 

We raised this issue last summer. Again when the Ottawa / LA / Pitt / Winnipeg, moves were made. Then 2 weeks ago... Each time the response was the ''exec team did what they thought was best.'' That was that, over and over. If any discussion, or solutions resulted, we were not made aware of it. It made the game less fun.

You know, we did do what we thought was best, and we certainly weren't expecting to do 2-3 team swaps this summer. That being said, perhaps we were a little too liberal with the ability to have teams move divisions or conferences over this offseason, and should at least consider involving the league in decisions like that going forward when it impacts the dynamics of divisions and conferences.

There's an opportunity for us to learn here, so I feel like if we don't take advantage of seeing something from someone else's perspective, then this whole confrontation has been an exercise in futility.

Edited by thejazz97
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

As the season approaches, the Ottawa Senators continue to shape their lineup and to improve their prospect pool and array of draft picks. With this in mind, the following players may be available from the Senators if the right offer comes in:

Mathieu Perreault

Sven Baertschi

Alex Chiasson

Jonas Brodin

Kevin Connauton

Cam Fowler

Chris Tanev

Derek Forbort

Joel Eriksson Ek

Chandler Stephenson

Ashton Sautner

Retention is also possible, depending on the deal.

• Upvote 1

Where do we send to? I remember it used to be on Fantrax first page when you logged in? 

Or are we doing e transfers? I'll do $14 to pay homage to the :goat:

Fun Fact: Alex also retired as a Nashville Predator in CDCP going down as the best looking guy to have every played for any american sports team ever.  

Burr was the real life Tom Cruise... except when he did magnificent mind blowing things, it was in real time and in front of 18,000+ ... gotta give credit to Tom though, he does do a lot of his own stunts unlike many actors... but if I could chose to be Tom or Burr, I'd chose Burr 10/10 times. 

nhl playoffs hockey GIF

mission impossible iconic scene don't even lie GIF

tom cruise GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1