The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Vancouver Canucks Mid-Season Update

It's been an exciting year for the franchise in it's first year since the move to the Pacific Division. Long gone are the days of seeing the Blue Jackets, Rangers, and Flyers creeping up on me in the standings :lol: The team hasn't been fully healthy yet at any point in the season so fingers crossed for a speedy recovery to the boys so we can catch catch LA for first in the Pacific. 

The good

-Nathan MacKinnon - Most exciting player in the NHL, if you ask me, and he hasn't disappointed this year. Despite injuries to his real life linemates, he's still chugging along at an elite pace and 3rd in the NHL in points.

-JT Miller - I've followed this guy since he was drafted and was ecstatic when he got traded to Vancouver. Him becoming a staple on the Canucks' top line in real life is just the cherry on the top. 

-Connor Hellebuyck - I was slightly worried when I gave up a the 11th overall pick to acquire him in the summer but he's far exceeded my expectations. Hellebuyck is doing everything he can to drag the real-life Jets into the playoffs and has brought stability to my team's goaltending position for the first time in 3 seasons. 

The bad

-John Klingberg - I brought him in over the summer to lead the team's defence but his slow start hasn't helped. Hopefully his last two weeks are an indication of things to come. 

-Johnny Gaudreau - From almost cracking 100 points last year and 5.8fp/g to 21 points in 29 games and 2.9 fp/g, he's definitely been the weakest link on the Canucks. Not ready to give up on him yet but my patience is starting to run thin...

Roster

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Miller

Gaudreau - Schmaltz - Killorn

Kreider- Coyle - Gaudette

Garland - Iafallo- Barbashev

Wennberg, Cousins

Nurse - Klingberg

Theodore - Werenski

Kulak - Kukan

Moore

Hellebuyck

Demko

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Chicago GM Stan Bowman has been taking some early phone calls on Anze Kopitar and Eugeni Malkin TDL status

The club would like to state that while in the playoff hunt, there will be no trading of star players, but that Chicago may be looking

to move a star player, prior to the 2020 draft.

Thank you for your enquiries, but I will be shelving all offers until after the playoffs. I look forward to hearing from you later, after

the playoffs are over.

Regards....Stan

Thank you for your consideration in this matter

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Was anyone watching the Sens/Oilers game last night?

DeMelo won a pick battle vs McDavid on the PK, and Ray Ferraro says "What a play by DeMelo!"

Music to my ears B)

Harsh my mello, let us know when he gets a block shot...

Man, I can't even Burrows that MM? :bored:

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Chicago GM Stan Bowman has been taking some early phone calls on Anze Kopitar and Eugeni Malkin TDL status

The club would like to state that while in the playoff hunt, there will be no trading of star players, but that Chicago may be looking

to move a star player, prior to the 2020 draft.

Thank you for your enquiries, but I will be shelving all offers until after the playoffs. I look forward to hearing from you later, after

the playoffs are over.

Regards....Stan

Thank you for your consideration in this matter

Stan, on the other hand deserves a beer! After the play off's of course? 

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Harsh my mello, let us know when he gets a block shot...

Man, I can't even Burrows that MM? :bored:

Stan, on the other hand deserves a beer! After the play off's of course? 

Way too early to be getting me drunk!

But I will let you buy me one beer. ::D

5 minutes ago, inane said:

I waived Reilly, he cleared, I called him back up now I want to send him down again but I can't on fantrax. 

Does he have to go through waivers again? 

If so please do, if not, how do I move him down? 

@Jaku

Has he been on your roster for 10 games or 30 days? If not he doesn't have to clear waivers again.

1 hour ago, inane said:

ok but how do I send him down? it won't let me.

Fantrax doesn't allow you to send down waiver eligible players because they don't recognize waivers. Everytime you call him up you need to ask Jaku to send him down again.

• Upvote 2