The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

On 11/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, JimLahey said:

Vegas Golden Knights terminate the contract of Scott Darling as he has signed in the EBEL.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/11/scott-darling-scottie-upshall-sign-in-europe.html

@thejazz97

On 11/12/2019 at 4:40 PM, JimLahey said:

Thought I posted this a while ago... my bad...

Vegas Golden Knights terminate the contract of Harri Sateri as he signed in the KHL,

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/05/harri-sateri-signs-in-khl.html

@thejazz97

@thejazz97 can these be processed or am I stuck with those contracts?

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Round of Burrrrrrrs for everyone!

Fun fact, Alex Burrows retired a CDCP Nashville Predators!

As did Roberto Florida and 90% sure Kevin Bieksa as well. 

Hope you guys had fun with these facts :lol:

Glad to see so many legends retire in a city that loves them. It's too bad you didn't have the two greatest... Instead they retired as Rangers B)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

^ that is huge win for Buffalo. Acquiring a guy with such pedigree is always a win. I think Tim will be a great acquisition. Not sure about the other guy though... He's the Steve Kariya of his generation. 

Definitely wouldn't have done this without the prospect in the deal. After all, this is a fantasy league.

I've got no doubt Jack will start putting up 5 fp/g+ in the coming seasons, but I couldn't risk having both Dahlin and Hughes stagnating. 

Having Sandin made this palatable, as he'll be playing good minutes with the Leafs next season, and RNH provides a solid fantasy option at centre that both gets me more fantasy points per game and will likely make the playoffs...

but in terms of pedigree? yeah, @Sygvard wins this, hands down :P 

• Cheers 1

I think there is a good chance that we actually lose this one, based on the nitty-gritties of the league. But after years of missing out in the lottery during a rebuild, it makes me happy. Every rebuld looks better with a shiny 1st overall to work around. 

Thanks to Jazz for sharing one of his many A+ prospects! 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Sygvard said:

I think there is a good chance that we actually lose this one, based on the nitty-gritties of the league. But after years of missing out in the lottery during a rebuild, it makes me happy. Every rebuld looks better with a shiny 1st overall to work around. 

Thanks to Jazz for sharing one of his many A+ prospects! 

True. I traded away Nolan Patrick as Vegas GM and thought I'd look stupid. Now the kid can barely even look at a sheet of ice. Only time will tell, at least you know your kid has talent!

• Cheers 1

On 12/10/2019 at 2:24 AM, thejazz97 said:

Definitely wouldn't have done this without the prospect in the deal. After all, this is a fantasy league.

I've got no doubt Jack will start putting up 5 fp/g+ in the coming seasons, but I couldn't risk having both Dahlin and Hughes stagnating. 

Having Sandin made this palatable, as he'll be playing good minutes with the Leafs next season, and RNH provides a solid fantasy option at centre that both gets me more fantasy points per game and will likely make the playoffs...

but in terms of pedigree? yeah, @Sygvard wins this, hands down :P 

Yeah, as a huge leafs fan, and huge fan of sandin, we were willing to give him up despite his huge upside because of how hard D-men are to predict in terms of fantasy scoring. He could be an incredible top-2 d-man, but unless he is either laying lots of hits and blocks, or getting big points on the PP, its always possible he's far better IRL than he ever is in fantasy.

Enjoy RNH!

• Cheers 1