The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Pelech sustained an injury to his Achilles tendon prior to the Islanders' Jan. 2 game against New Jersey and will miss the rest of the season.

What a huge blow. This comes after losing Ellis to that Perry cheapshot. And DeMelo is still out, Clifton too.

Current defense: Schmidt, Edmundson, Stralman

Is it even worth winning if Pelech isn't part of the run? Think I'll be a seller this deadline.

• Haha 3

Yegor Sokolov... 51 points in 30 OHL games

Player of the game against Sweden 

Undrafted in NHL, 6'4 240lbs

He's been to Columbus prospect camp twice, really hoping he gets an NHL contract after a good WJC performance.

Still have Lavoie and Smith coming up against Finland.

Definitely been a very fun tourney so far this year

On 1/6/2020 at 12:48 PM, apollo said:

Happy new year fellas! 

The Nashville Predators would like to place Tim heed on waivers and send him down to our AHL affiliate. 

We will call up Christian Jaros in his place. 

@Jaku

Will process asap. 

• Thanks 1

Beating a dead horse...

Atlantic division, even without Carolina, 1st division to have two 3000 point teams yesterday!  1st division to have three today as @Salter & Detroit crossed the line a few minutes ago. 

Well done btw Salty!

:P And all that cushioning in the Metro! Just kidding.

:bigblush:

• Upvote 1

How about some new rules to consider this summer?  IMO, they are needed sooner! @Jaku @Master Mind @Salter @thejazz97

Divisional moves this summer mostly worked. In a perfect world, the Central would have taken on Watermelons, not the Pacific. Pacific, who are trending to 5 post season teams.  But Central got whipping boy @Art Vandelay. Who nearly every day has active players buried. Today Beagle & Kovalchuck are buried in favour of Sam Gagner & Frederic Gauthier. Neither of whom have games today. Sunday Viktor Rask. Last year down the stretch, Matt Barzal was sat virtually every game day the Isles were playing. Rotated in when they did not.

Last place teams who cant be bothered having active players in the line up should be let go in my opinion.  Doubly so because I believe, in some cases, it is intentional. Active players sitting = better chance at Lafreniere.  A different penalty, lose their first round pick.  Even @Jaku deserves a slap IMO.  Dylan Coghlan in his line up & Ryan Suter sitting? When the Wild are playing Saturday & Sunday?? Not rotating in Khudobin when he is playing, but Price is not. VGN's have Joe Morrow, who has not laced them up this year, in his line up over Lyubushkin who has 31 games YTD. And there are more teams. That's not how this game should be played!

We set up a rule that top teams could not bury ELC players past 120 games. We cant have bottom teams intentionally, or just not paying attention, having active players buried either.

I'd like to see us ask GM's to actively have their players in line ups now? And make it mandatory this summer.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

How about some new rules to consider this summer?  IMO, they are needed sooner! @Jaku @Master Mind @Salter @thejazz97

Divisional moves this summer mostly worked. In a perfect world, the Central would have taken on Watermelons, not the Pacific. Pacific, who are trending to 5 post season teams.  But Central got whipping boy @Art Vandelay. Who nearly every day has active players buried. Today Beagle & Kovalchuck are buried in favour of Sam Gagner & Frederic Gauthier. Neither of whom have games today. Sunday Viktor Rask. Last year down the stretch, Matt Barzal was sat virtually every game day the Isles were playing. Rotated in when they did not.

Last place teams who cant be bothered having active players in the line up should be let go in my opinion.  Doubly so because I believe, in some cases, it is intentional. Active players sitting = better chance at Lafreniere.  A different penalty, lose their first round pick.  Even @Jaku deserves a slap IMO.  Dylan Coghlan in his line up & Ryan Suter sitting? When the Wild are playing Saturday & Sunday?? Not rotating in Khudobin when he is playing, but Price is not. VGN's have Joe Morrow, who has not laced them up this year, in his line up over Lyubushkin who has 31 games YTD. And there are more teams. That's not how this game should be played!

We set up a rule that top teams could not bury ELC players past 120 games. We cant have bottom teams intentionally, or just not paying attention, having active players buried either.

I'd like to see us ask GM's to actively have their players in line ups now? And make it mandatory this summer.

For divisions, the west is looking pretty good, in the sense that each division has 5 potential playoff teams. A bit imbalanced, but when Seattle joins, that should fix it.

We don't want teams intentionally benching players. While we wouldn't have a penalty of losing a 1st round pick, nor firing, the players can request a trade. This happened last year, and the player was moved.

I think it's just been a case of every commish having less free time this year vs last, so thanks for bringing this up. We'll be checking around the league and notifying GMs where necessary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Master Mind said:

For divisions, the west is looking pretty good, in the sense that each division has 5 potential playoff teams. A bit imbalanced, but when Seattle joins, that should fix it.

We don't want teams intentionally benching players. While we wouldn't have a penalty of losing a 1st round pick, nor firing, the players can request a trade. This happened last year, and the player was moved.

I think it's just been a case of every commish having less free time this year vs last, so thanks for bringing this up. We'll be checking around the league and notifying GMs where necessary.

This is a  great answer.  I will leave it with u...

sItG4ev.png&key=18e16b3b070650596b4dddc5

small.png Zac Rinaldo - 1 year, $950k

small.png Alex Pietrangelo - 4 years, $7.2m

small.png Cameron Hillis - 2 years, $750k

small.png Andreas Borgman - 2 years, $750k

small.png Simon Johansson - 2 years, $750k

small.png Matiss Kivnenieks - 2 years, $700k

small.png Adam Huska - 2 years, $825k

small.png Rasmus Andersson - 2 years, $2m

small.png William Carrier - 2 years, $2m

small.png Zemgus Girgensons - 2 years, $2m

small.png Josh Archibald - 2 years, $1.75m