The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

The Nashville Predators are in the market for a goalie. 

If you have a goalie, please send us an offer. 

Not looking to give up playoff bound assets... Best trading partner would be a rebuilding team. 

-

Also Taylor Fedun, Jay Bowmester, Jan Rutta, Tim Heed all on the block. 

13 hours ago, apollo said:

The Nashville Predators are in the market for a goalie. 

If you have a goalie, please send us an offer. 

Not looking to give up playoff bound assets... Best trading partner would be a rebuilding team. 

-

Also Taylor Fedun, Jay Bowmester, Jan Rutta, Tim Heed all on the block. 

You have a $2.25m cap penalty against Justin Williamd that @Master Mind can take off your page. Also, drop by and say hi, I have three goalies :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Azzy said:

One thing I did notice - not just on apollo's team page - is that if a team has a player on IR, they're still benefitting from cap retention on previous trades.

Does this happen in the NHL?

Oh man, good call. Fantrax would remove the players entire contract from your cap-hit due to IR. Then you would still have "-2M" retention or whatever down at the bottom, since we input that separately. They could legit have negative cap hit for you. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Azzy said:

One thing I did notice - not just on apollo's team page - is that if a team has a player on IR, they're still benefitting from cap retention on previous trades.

Does this happen in the NHL?

1 hour ago, Sygvard said:

Oh man, good call. Fantrax would remove the players entire contract from your cap-hit due to IR. Then you would still have "-2M" retention or whatever down at the bottom, since we input that separately. They could legit have negative cap hit for you. 

From CapFriendly:

"Teams who retain salary on a players contract, will have the full value of the cap hit act against the teams salary cap total, regardless of whether the player is reassigned to the minors by their current team."

I would assume it's the same for both teams, and IR as well. I'll try to dig deeper, though, and get a clear answer.

25 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

From CapFriendly:

"Teams who retain salary on a players contract, will have the full value of the cap hit act against the teams salary cap total, regardless of whether the player is reassigned to the minors by their current team."

I would assume it's the same for both teams, and IR as well. I'll try to dig deeper, though, and get a clear answer.

On Fantrax, the player is moved by the GM onto IR. His cap reduction remains, thus artificially lowering your cap for the duration of his time on IR. So some teams with players on IR for the rest of their careers, those teams are actually getting cap relief from doing so.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Azzy said:

On Fantrax, the player is moved by the GM onto IR. His cap reduction remains, thus artificially lowering your cap for the duration of his time on IR. So some teams with players on IR for the rest of their careers, those teams are actually getting cap relief from doing so.

Yeah, as I'm investigating it further, you're right - we're looking into how to deal with this.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Yeah, as I'm investigating it further, you're right - we're looking into how to deal with this.

I think you should immediately cancel every and all retentions, league-wide. Just imagine the absolute carnage of some teams being below the cap floor and others being $30m over :lol:

• Haha 4

On 1/19/2020 at 5:11 AM, Azzy said:

The Ottawa Senators place the following players on waivers:

David Backes

Daniel Carr

Andrew Ladd

Kevin Connauton

Matt Tennyson

Frans Nielsen

Trevor Daley

Sven Baertschi

@Master Mind

Montreal Canadiens Roster Moves

Waivers : The Habs places D Carl Gunnarsson and D Jonathan Ericsson on the Waivers with the intention to assign them to the Minors

Everybody cleared @Bombastik der Teutone  @Azzy

• Haha 2