Sign in to follow this  
thejazz97

2019/20 CDC Puck League

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Interesting style.

Coolest thing about it is a super competitive 1st round. Play teams at your same calibre.

Reward of a possible bye, or get to lose a round and stay in it if you are a top 4 team.

Do or die for teams 5 thru 8.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

My media skills are bad.  That was supposed to be a video about snorting pepper. 

Funny topic. I made u a good offer for Kuzzy... :ph34r:

If they end up cancelling playoffs altogether, I'll really kick myself for not taking that offer...

Hey everyone, I realized one thing just now. Normally if I’m not mistaken you guys hold the draft a few days before the actual NHL draft correct? 

If that is so, I don’t think they are moving the draft for NHL so if that carries on as normal how on earth do we sort out standings for the draft before the NHL draft?

This leaves two options that I see in that we postpone our draft until after the NHL decides what to do with playoffs or we carry on the same but how do we properly rank teams for the draft pre NHL draft? 

Let me know

5 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Hey everyone, I realized one thing just now. Normally if I’m not mistaken you guys hold the draft a few days before the actual NHL draft correct? 

If that is so, I don’t think they are moving the draft for NHL so if that carries on as normal how on earth do we sort out standings for the draft before the NHL draft?

This leaves two options that I see in that we postpone our draft until after the NHL decides what to do with playoffs or we carry on the same but how do we properly rank teams for the draft pre NHL draft? 

Let me know

I imagine they will end up postponing the draft. If they don't, then we'll likely just follow whatever the NHL does to determine the order (whether that be based on points, or some other method).

• Hydration 2

11 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I imagine they will end up postponing the draft. If they don't, then we'll likely just follow whatever the NHL does to determine the order (whether that be based on points, or some other method).

I imagine that once we know what's happening with playoffs, we'll have an easy decision to make about the draft. We'd aim to begin at the end of the finals, or roughly 3-4 weeks before the draft. Can't imagine they'd shift the date on short notice.

• Hydration 1

They already HAVE postponed the draft haven't they? Even a quick google comes up with:

"The NHL has made the decision to postpone the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, scheduled to take place at the Bell Centre in June, to an alternate date and venue as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis."

No idea when it will land yet. But presumably by the time it does, we will have a much clearer picture on the playoff and standings picture. Easy to just let them do all the work then copy it. 

• Hydration 3
  • Sedinery 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:15 AM, Sygvard said:

They already HAVE postponed the draft haven't they? Even a quick google comes up with:

"The NHL has made the decision to postpone the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, scheduled to take place at the Bell Centre in June, to an alternate date and venue as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis."

No idea when it will land yet. But presumably by the time it does, we will have a much clearer picture on the playoff and standings picture. Easy to just let them do all the work then copy it. 

Makes sense... Too much uncertainty as it stands. Gotta finish the playoffs to draft anyways. I believe the season will resume middle of summer. 

I've been watching a lot of Trudeau press conferences addressing the nation now that there's no JB or TG pressers... And boy am I glad he's our leader. 

I've never voted liberals and likely won't anytime soon... But I couldn't be more proud of our Supreme leader (which is what I'm calling him now instead of PM cuz I think he's proven he's far superior than the leaders of England, USA, Italy, Iran, China, etc)

Canadians all across the country have come together in this time of need. Our Healthcare workers are world class, our gov has responded in a timely fashion... 95% of our population is now all on board and distancing themselves properly. The other 5% will be in hospitals soon enough or bed riddled and then they'll learn their lesson. 

Our # of new cases per day has not been alarming and doubling every day because of the measures our glorious nation has taken. 

I've never been more proud to call myself a Canadian. This is the home of the brave... The land of the free... 

Our economy will rebound. Our country will display more love and kindness than ever. Canada is here for you. 

And in my books you can throw USA and Los Angeles in the dumpster and go ahead and revoke LA of the city of angels title and give it to Saskatoon since they created a vaccine. 

I'd give my blood for this country. Would go to war against Corona with a hockey stick even if Corona had a machine gun. 

Don't be surprised if the land of rednecks USA can't host any nhl games and the Stanley cup playoffs are all played out in Canada... It's rightful home. 

south park canada GIF

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

With all this quarantining going on I might as well keep busy so....

I'm open to trade offers for this off season and I'm interested in acquiring draft picks and prospects

I'm still listening to offers to players on my team and I currently have a surplus of defensive prospects such as Dennis CholowskiErik BrannstromPhilip BrobergCallan FooteMattias Samuelsson, Cam York and Alexander Romanov. I'm listening to offers that in return gets me a forward prospect.

Let me know,

Stay safe everyone

• Hydration 1

If any of you like Jon Lajoie, he's finally made more content. Hope everyone is doing well!

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/31/2020 at 2:21 PM, Master Mind said:

If any of you like Jon Lajoie, he's finally made more content. Hope everyone is doing well!

this made me miss @somethingvery

12 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

this made me miss @somethingvery

Do you miss him rubbing your eyes, or digging between your teeth for a random surprise?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Do you miss him rubbing your eyes, or digging between your teeth for a random surprise?

I mean, that's how trades with him went right? :P 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I mean, that's how trades with him went right? :P 

That's why I didn't make too many trades with him.

• Like 1

to anyone who I haven't responded to their contract offers yet, your patience is appreciated - I'll need this next week or so before I can start to focus on them. 

thanks all!

• Like 2
  • Sedinery 1

Colby Cave in a coma after a brain bleed. Hope he pulls through :canucks:

• Sedinery 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

On 4/4/2020 at 8:51 AM, Master Mind said:

The way he pirated trades; I always assumed he had no teeth! :ph34r:

• Haha 3