The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

1 minute ago, cunningham19 said:

I’d disagree with your statement here since first round picks pan out to be NHL players 80% of the time... and look at all the former late first round picks in the NHL in Filip Forsberg, Tomas Hertl, Andrei vasilevskiy, Erik karlsson, tarasenko all of the were either mid first or late first round picks. Dahlin will be the number one defensemen in the league in minimum two years. 

• Forsberg, 11th overall (Mikhail Grigorenko, Radek Faksa, Zemgus Girgensons, Mark Jankowski, Brendan Gaunce, Henrik Samuelsson, Steffan Matteau)
  • Hertl, 17th overall (Same as Forsberg)
  • Vasilevskiy, 19th overall (Same as Forsberg)
  • Karlsson, 15th overall (Joe Colborne, Chet Pickard, Luca Sbisa, Michael Del Zotto, Anton Gustafsson, Tyler Cuma, Mattias Tedenby, Greg Nemisz, Tyler Ennis, Viktor Tikhonov, Daultan Leveille, Tom McCollum)
  • Tarasenko, 16th overall (Josh Hishon, Austin Watson, Beau Bennett, Jarred Tinordi, Mark Pysyk, Mark Visentin, Emerson Etem)

I said 3 late firsts turning out to be as good as Hoffman, Hamonic, and Kapanen would be very slim. It's easy to cherry pick great talent in the middle of the first round, but I went ahead and listed all of the players who are farm from the status of Hoffman, Hamonic, and Kapanen who were selected after the people you picked mid round.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Salter said:
  • Forsberg, 11th overall (Mikhail Grigorenko, Radek Faksa, Zemgus Girgensons, Mark Jankowski, Brendan Gaunce, Henrik Samuelsson, Steffan Matteau)
  • Hertl, 17th overall (Same as Forsberg)
  • Vasilevskiy, 19th overall (Same as Forsberg)
  • Karlsson, 15th overall (Joe Colborne, Chet Pickard, Luca Sbisa, Michael Del Zotto, Anton Gustafsson, Tyler Cuma, Mattias Tedenby, Greg Nemisz, Tyler Ennis, Viktor Tikhonov, Daultan Leveille, Tom McCollum)
  • Tarasenko, 16th overall (Josh Hishon, Austin Watson, Beau Bennett, Jarred Tinordi, Mark Pysyk, Mark Visentin, Emerson Etem)

I said 3 late firsts turning out to be as good as Hoffman, Hamonic, and Kapanen would be very slim. It's easy to cherry pick great talent in the middle of the first round, but I went ahead and listed all of the players who are farm from the status of Hoffman, Hamonic, and Kapanen who were selected after the people you picked mid round.

And Pastrnak one of the top players in the league, Shea Theodore, Brady skjei, Brock boeser, Travis konecny, Sebastian aho. 

My point is 3 first rounders for one high end player is if anything fair value especially in this leagues scoring format. 

1 minute ago, cunningham19 said:

And Pastrnak one of the top players in the league, Shea Theodore, Brady skjei, Brock boeser, Travis konecny, Sebastian aho. 

My point is 3 first rounders for one high end player is if anything fair value especially in this leagues scoring format. 

You can still list a million players worst than the three in the trade for every one as good as them 

11 hours ago, D-Money said:

...Alrighty then.

This seems to be a great time to announce my resignation from Puck. (It was coming this offseason regardless, but wanted to finish the draft and free agency first.)

I had a great run, and enjoyed my time with you guys. My team had a couple fantastic years, and still seems to be in good shape for the future. Hope the next guy doesn't do stupid stuff (ie. - see above) to it.

Ciao everybody! And have a great summer!!!

I knew this was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier.

All the best my friend, the playoffs just won't be the same without an annual D-mo/MM battle.

The door's always open if you'd like to return one day!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  Please welcome @Silver Ghost as GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets!

Welcome! You've got plenty of fantasy experience and it will be well tested now that we've announced you as a new GM here. So will the CDC servers with the influx of deals about to be sent to you.

Edited by Salter
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  Please welcome @Silver Ghost as GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets!

Welcome @Silver Ghost!  Sad to see @D-Money go but excited to not be the newest GM in this league lol.  I’m excited to see what these new Blue Jackets do and you got damn lucky taking over a perennial contender.  Hope to make deals with you in the future!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

The Montreal Canadiens will make a Statement regarding the latest Trade and Signings Tomorrowv but ......

..yay , we got him :) :towel:

:( I’m so high on this guy.  If I had enough cap space I would have paid a premium.  Congrats on landing the big fish

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, maroe said:

I legit offered 3 1sts for him and he still said no... I just dont get it.. and how you could keep Makar without giving him up in a deal like this is just mindblowing

Because you're not his friend, and he's not trying to help you... ...duh.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Salter said:

I made a fun diagram explaining what I think the part you guys haven't noticed yet is

66369759_462985174493424_1856796705173798912_n.jpg.dff4f424917b627998c237b8c551a1f4.jpg

66291459_662798007569801_5064620298662313984_n.jpg.da10868e171070f666b1a25f5670616a.jpg

66423238_380407105947161_3129727258252541952_n.jpg.ed1da1496f761797289c8147a1f41cef.jpg

But, you're supposed to trade for first round picks so they develop into top-6 forwards. Simply trading for top-6 forwards? Foolery!!

• Haha 1

Just as Salter stated I did want starting players not first rounders. I have a lot of prospects already and I feel highly for a lot of them. In my opinion what’s the point in having a bunch of prospects coming down the pipe just to have to trade them later on or have them rot in my reserves. 

At least with this trade I get players who are putting up a ton of points and will support Kuch while he is still in his prime. 

If if it turns to be a bust well $&!# that sucks but you get over it and move on. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

On that note, @D-Money, if you wish, feel free to PM me with any thoughts or ideas you have regarding this team and how to approach things as I start this journey. 

SV?? Is that you!?! Sounds a hell of a lot like him. 

On on another note while I’m on for a few minutes. I wanted to point out 3 above average NHLers (guaranteed minutes), who each produce above average, also two of them on contenders; how is that not worth a single defencemen who will probably be asked for an absurd amount of money? Easy deal for me. This is fantasy hockey. 1 guy can’t win it all for you. 

but the deal also includes Bokk, which makes the deal not good. Ericsson dump has value too, but not really a bottom feeder like Colorado.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

SV?? Is that you!?! Sounds a hell of a lot like him. 

On on another note while I’m on for a few minutes. I wanted to point out 3 above average NHLers (guaranteed minutes), who each produce above average, also two of them on contenders; how is that not worth a single defencemen who will probably be asked for an absurd amount of money? Easy deal for me. This is fantasy hockey. 1 guy can’t win it all for you. 

but the deal also includes Bokk, which makes the deal not good. Ericsson dump has value too, but not really a bottom feeder like Colorado.

SV?

4 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

somethingvery - legendary GM. If he was still here, he'd have contacted you for a trade by now :lol:

To add to that, he would of won it. Even if you think you got a good deal, you didn’t..lol

Edited by Salter
  • Haha 2