Sign in to follow this  
South Cariboo Canuck

[Discussion] Ferland ??

Does Jimmy B go out and get Ferland? Some toughness,grit and annoyance for the lineup. Isn’t his mom a Canucks fan? Maybe a discount ?? Is there a spot for him other than maybe 3rd line? Lots of questions... I know lol.

I seem to remember Ferland’s camp saying he didn’t want to play in Vancouver. Rumour? Fact? Fiction?

JV and Ferland on the same line would be hilarious! 

But personally, I don’t think that’s what we should be overpaying for at this point. Wouldn’t mind it at all, but it’s a cap league.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, South Cariboo Canuck said:

Does Jimmy B go out and get Ferland? Some toughness,grit and annoyance for the lineup. Isn’t his mom a Canucks fan? Maybe a discount ?? Is there a spot for him other than maybe 3rd line? Lots of questions... I know lol.

FYI for the future, this would go in Proposals and Armchair GMing with either a Proposal or Discussion tag. Canucks Talk is for topics/players that are already on the team, etc. You can check out the forum specific rules at the top of each subforum. I’ll go ahead and move/tag it for you this time. Cheers. 

JT Miller is a better, cheaper, less concussion prone version of Ferland. If we're gonna go after a forward, I'd rather go after a skilled forward to play with Bo.

• Upvote 3

I totally would go after Ferland, especially if Lucic or Reaves aren’t coming here

He plays a valuable style and any team would want him. The question is price and term and where he wants to go. 

1 hour ago, zimmy said:

I seem to remember Ferland’s camp saying he didn’t want to play in Vancouver. Rumour? Fact? Fiction?

Fact.

He's also looking for 5.5+ AAV.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Fact.

He's also looking for 5.5+ AAV.

Lots of things to like about this player but like most of the UFA class they always lose me when it comes to term demands.

Bo needs a playmaker on his line. Nyqvist would be perfect for that line. I also though Eberle would have been a good option before he got signed. Miller is planed for the first line LW. If we sign Myers we should be set. 

IMO getting Miller removed the need for Ferland. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather JB goes after Brett Connolly.

Edited by xereau
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Lots of things to like about this player but like most of the UFA class they always lose me when it comes to term demands.

Yup far too many players are about to be overpaid. I wouldn't be suprused if someone ended up giving Ferland over 5.5M.

Not my favorite.

I want speeeeed, or puck control way more than a cement head...

5 hours ago, South Cariboo Canuck said:

doubt he makes anymore trades, so i wouldn't hold your breathe.

and ya ferland would be awesome, but doubt we will see him in a canucks jersey anytime soon