The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Ferland ??

15 hours ago, South Cariboo Canuck said:

Does Jimmy B go out and get Ferland? Some toughness,grit and annoyance for the lineup. Isn’t his mom a Canucks fan? Maybe a discount ?? Is there a spot for him other than maybe 3rd line? Lots of questions... I know lol.

Trade Baer for him?  Pls!!! Ok so one can wish... 

I would love to sign Ferland, but considering what Nyquist got, it doesn't look like we have any room at all. 

Still a top 6 that looks like this....

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Ferland Horvat Pearson

Would be a pain in the ass for other teams to go up against.

• Cheers 1

I would really be down for it if it came in the 3 years 4 million range. He can play up and down in your lineup with some offensive punch and a motor that won't quit. By far the most physical player if he came. If he costs more then that then no. Although seems like maybe he may be the man without a chair right now.

Ferland’s value goes down longer free agency goes. He still probably wants Wilson money though. After Boeser’s extension we won’t have cap for him unless Benning finds someone dumb enough to take Eriksson’s contract. That’ll likely cost us Lind + a 2nd rounder. Even that probably does not get er dun.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I would love to sign Ferland, but considering what Nyquist got, it doesn't look like we have any room at all. 

Still a top 6 that looks like this....

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Ferland Horvat Pearson

Would be a pain in the ass for other teams to go up against.

Absolutely. 

Which makes a 3rd line of Baer, Gaudette and Virtanen - that should be a line that can produce.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Absolutely. 

Which makes a 3rd line of Baer, Gaudette and Virtanen - that should be a line that can produce.

That line had no chemistry last season.  They are so different types of players.  Gaudette-Virtanen works and put Leivo there but not Baertschi. 

4 hours ago, mll said:

That line had no chemistry last season.  They are so different types of players.  Gaudette-Virtanen works and put Leivo there but not Baertschi. 

How do you know Baertschi is the problem? Has a way more creativite and offensive mind than Jake. 

Ferland for 2 or 3 years for 3-4 million is something I'd be interested in for sure. 

But at that point I would hope we move Baer or Pearson (unless obviously we can move Loui) since our top 6 is getting quite full and there are young guys like JV that I hope will get some time. 

11 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

How do you know Baertschi is the problem? Has a way more creativite and offensive mind than Jake. 

It's about style of play.  

Baertschi is a give-and-go player that likes to get his goals from around the net - ideally he moves in as the puck moves in.  Gaudette and Virtanen are not that kind of players. 

They just don't seem to think the game the same way.  They don't play at the same pace either.  Baertschi likes to move the puck really fast - move it before the player is in position, but if guys don't see the same plays you have to hold on to the puck longer before you can move it and it leaves you more open to getting hit.

At some point there needs to be lines that fit and have chemistry for the team to take a step forward.  Baertschi looks to be the one on the outside.

Edited by mll