laddie

48 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

bwahahahahaha

Gudbranson

Prust

Dorsett

Tryamkin

Couldn't protect Canucks from being run but JT Miller will? OMG

Are you missing the point? All it needs is for someone who doesn't skate away from the perp and do "NOTHING" how many times have you seen it happen in vancouver?  I've been a fan for 42 years and it's been common way more than any fan should have to see! Cough cough (Sedins) cough cough! Beaten so bad with NOTHING  back "usually" and no one can snipe on that list either... he's someone WILLING to drop with anyone win or lose! Since when have we had that? Are you stupid? I doubt it but geez dude,  anson carter wasn't a scrapper either but he'd drop them with anyone and within a short time after carter was signed the beatings actually stopped but after he was out of a canucks uniform it was open season for (anyone) to run them and by anyone i do mean anyone.. 

I'd rather have that then a sniper who can't.. JT can snipe petey style and if you want to argue that have a look at his goals... you might actually be surprised, we need someone like that on top line, and he's it.. i'd have preferred Ferland but whatever, are you getting the point yet? We can't just have "anyone" running Petey and Brock! That has got to stop! Naslund would concur... 

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Are you missing the point? All it needs is for someone who doesn't skate away from the perp and do "NOTHING" how many times have you seen it happen in vancouver?  I've been a fan for 42 years and it's been common way more than any fan should have to see! Cough cough (Sedins) cough cough! Beaten so bad with NOTHING  back "usually" and no one can snipe on that list either... he's someone WILLING to drop with anyone win or lose! Since when have we had that? Are you stupid? I doubt it but geez dude,  anson carter wasn't a scrapper either but he'd drop them with anyone and within a short time after carter was signed the beatings actually stopped but after he was out of a canucks uniform it was open season for (anyone) to run them and by anyone i do mean anyone.. 

I'd rather have that then a sniper who can't.. JT can snipe petey style and if you want to argue that have a look at his goals... you might actually be surprised 

OK So...

- JT Miller is the new nuclear deterrent

- JT Miller snipes like Petey

- Anson Carter was the last nuclear deterrent

And I'm the stupid one?   OK iceman I'm a let you get back to your incoherent rants.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Top six on this team is no accomplishment or hard to do, any number of recent players have been top six players to play with?

What is this business about Miller as a winger, look up his stats he has been a center for ages, over 2100 face offs the last three seasons, a winger?

Just because Benning says he is a winger doesn't make it so, he can put anyone at wing and call them a winger but it doesn't make them good at it defensively and Miller's plus/minus is marginal for that team over the last 3 years he sits at 0, on a team that has been scoring over 100 goals a year more than they are letting in.

Hayes returns to the Rangers.The Rangers got an extra #1 pick, why didn't the Canucks do something like that?

50 pts from the third line is still top 6 production on ANY team.

add in he got 14 mins a night and his numbers are even more impressive. 

Playing true top 6 mins he should see an uptick in production and brings all the other facets of the game many have mentioned.

As for the cap trouble. That’s overblown. Tampa had a lot of alternatives to deal with their issues.

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

OK So...

- JT Miller is the new nuclear deterrent

- JT Miller snipes like Petey

- Anson Carter was the last nuclear deterrent

And I'm the stupid one?   OK iceman I'm a let you get back to your incoherent rants.  

Did i say nuke deterrant anywhere there? Or did you make that up to try and do a troll move? There's a difference... and i said that he wasn't but at least not skating away as if nothing happened because your not a fighter at all but a goal scorer or otherwise. And for stupid? Did you read the part where i said "i doubt you are"? 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Top six on this team is no accomplishment or hard to do, any number of recent players have been top six players to play with?

What is this business about Miller as a winger, look up his stats he has been a center for ages, over 2100 face offs the last three seasons, a winger?

Just because Benning says he is a winger doesn't make it so, he can put anyone at wing and call them a winger but it doesn't make them good at it defensively and Miller's plus/minus is marginal for that team over the last 3 years he sits at 0, on a team that has been scoring over 100 goals a year more than they are letting in.

Hayes returns to the Rangers.The Rangers got an extra #1 pick, why didn't the Canucks do something like that?

“Doesn’t make them good defensively”

your lack of hockey knowledge was just exposed, please just stop lol.

he’s an excellent 2 way center with size yes, but has played a lot on the wing.

anyone who understands the game knows it’s a lot harder to be a strong 2 way center than winger, as you have a lot more defensive responsibility at Center ice.

moving an already very good 2 way center to the wing, is a very easy move for that center as his defensive responsibility is now EASIER. 

Smh

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 4

17 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Ahh! Another clairvoyant joins our circle. Let us rejoice.

No one can predict the future but you can try and make an educated ballpark guess so you don’t have any huge surprises.

Based on our current trajectory based on the past 3 seasons, the 2021 1st rnd pick reads super high.

I hope we fluke out the playoffs this upcoming season so Tampa gets that one. The last thing we need is to win the draft lottery for the first time in franchise history and give up the next Crosby to Tampa. This could go down as the worst trade in history.

Why are we in this position in the first place? I don’t know. You have to ask dim Jim. His moves have been baffling for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

No one can predict the future but you can try and make an educated ballpark guess so you don’t have any huge surprises.

Based on our current trajectory based on the past 3 seasons, the 2021 1st rnd pick reads super high.

I hope we fluke out the playoffs this upcoming season so Tampa gets that one. The last thing we need is to win the draft lottery for the first time in franchise history and give up the next Crosby to Tampa. This could go down as the worst trade in history.

Why are we in this position in the first place? I don’t know. You have to ask dim Jim. His moves have been baffling for sure. 

Some how I can understand why his moves baffle you. 

From what I have seen the last couple seasons the pick will be in the 2020 draft. 

13 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Some how I can understand why his moves baffle you. 

From what I have seen the last couple seasons the pick will be in the 2020 draft. 

I am not basing this on a feel good guess like you are. This is based on how many spots we improved  from year to year. Which is a fair indicator of how capable Benning is of moving the needle. 

We were 3rd worse to 6th worse to 9th worse I believe. Keep in mind though, that it’s easier to jump teams near the bottom. Once you inch towards the playoffs, jumping spots most likely ramp up. So best case is 12th worse in 2020 but we can still regress. For example, St Louis went from WCF, to no playoffs, to cup.

If the trajectory follows our previous pace, it’s going to be a very nice pick Tampa gets.

Edited by Tomatoes11

2 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

I am not basing thus on a guess like you are. This is based on how many spots we improved  from year to year. Which is a fair indicator of how capable Benning is of moving the needle. 

We were 6th worst to 9th worse I believe. Keep in mind though, that it’s easier to jump teams near the bottom. Once you inch towards the playoffs, jumping spots most likely ramp up.

If it follows our previous pace, it’s going to be a very nice pick.

Dream on. 

4 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

bwahahahahaha

Gudbranson

Prust

Dorsett

Tryamkin

Couldn't protect Canucks from being run but JT Miller will? OMG

OMG indeed.  List me how many of these players played alongside Petey?

Was Prust even ON the team when Petey started?

If you are going to try to make someone else look like an idiot, it proves more effective when you don't look like one yourself.

Edit: As far as the comparison, I believe Lee to be the better player.  Bigger too. But he is older and will cost more. I like the term and salary of Miller.

Edited by kloubek
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

No one can predict the future but you can try and make an EDUCATED ballpark guess so you don’t have any huge surprises.

Educated???....That’s rich. Try blaming Goofy Gillis for leaving the cupboard bare in the first place. Will one of you haters please explain to me what Gentleman Jim was supposed to do with the mess he inherited..... In detail. Come on give it a go......Just an EDUCATED attempt. You can do it....School’s out.

1 hour ago, Mad Jon said:

Educated???....That’s rich. Try blaming Goofy Gillis for leaving the cupboard bare in the first place. Will one of you haters please explain to me what Gentleman Jim was supposed to do with the mess he inherited..... In detail. Come on give it a go......Just an EDUCATED attempt. You can do it....School’s out.

It’s been given many times but you Benning lickers just don’t hear it.

The only thing you need to do to do better than Benning was to keep all your picks and not rush and get older like Benning did. That is all. It’s not rocket science. Build through the draft not by trading picks. It’s as simple as that. If Benning at least did that, I doubt anyone complains. But he meddled with that formula and messed up hard in the process. That is all.

Edited by Tomatoes11

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

OMG indeed.  List me how many of these players played alongside Petey?

Was Prust even ON the team when Petey started?

If you are going to try to make someone else look like an idiot, it proves more effective when you don't look like one yourself.

Edit: As far as the comparison, I believe Lee to be the better player.  Bigger too. But he is older and will cost more. I like the term and salary of Miller.

The guy I'm replying to seemed to know we're talking about the soft history of the Canucks. 

If you can't figure out the context of a conversation maybe don't butt into it dummy.  

8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

IMO it already is because if petey gets run, JT will be all over whoever did it. He's not the best fighter in the league but will drop em against anyone who  does a teammate cheapshot and we need that! A sniper that does a bit of policing when necessary... this is why those 2 extra picks for JT made it worth it and then some! We won that deal! People don't always see the intangables of what extra things a player brings unless you see him regularly in your division or on your team. We all know come playoff time Petey and Brock will be targets and unless there was some grit on that line the results might be horrendous, and we can't afford to have our top 2 elites beaten on or injured as in the past (Sedins) 

I feel like Pod will bring a similar nastiness when prompted by a cheapshot/dirty play on a teammate. We need more of that.. ala Dorsett with immense skill

Hoping that Jake will learn a thing or two from JT as well... put all that MMA watching and aggression to good use

1 hour ago, Tomatoes11 said:

It’s been given many times but you Benning lickers just don’t hear it.

The only thing you need to do to do better than Benning was to keep all your picks and nit rush and get older like Benning did. That is all. It’s not rocket science. Build through the draft not by trading picks. It’s as simple as that. If Benning at least did that, I doubt anyone complains. But he meddled with that formula and messed up hard in the process. That is all.

weren't the majority of our core players drafted by the Nucks? And dont we have an average player age of 26 years old with the core being younger than that.. ? Im personally stoked where the team

is sitting right now with a bright future

23 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

weren't the majority of our core players drafted by the Nucks? And dont we have an average player age of 26 years old with the core being younger than that.. ? Im personally stoked where the team

is sitting right now with a bright future

Not many trades we got younger and built through the draft.

forsling to clendenning older by like 5 years.

kassian and a 3rd for Prust a lot older . Like by a lot . 

2nd for baerschi 5 or 6 years older plus lower ceiling with baerschi.

2nd for Vey see above.

like I said before, his only two trades that followed a logical rebuild path progression was Hansen for Goldie and bur for Dahlen. That’s it. The rest we got older or lowered the ceiling on the picks.

A far cry from what we should have done. Like use the draft picks and nurture them.....