The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

Congrats to Farabee on his first (beauty) pro goal. We expect we'll be seeing moves like this at the NHL level soon.

On top of that, every day Carter Hart makes us more comfortable with our goalie decision this summer. This short handed 5on 3 save was outstanding:

...and then this 'little' achievement too:

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

But is this Condon a novelty item that will only stop 89 out of a hundred raging shots on your pristine twine? OR is this a certified Condon that will stop way over 93% of shots on? Time will tell, but my best advice is to always start with your COndon in the paint...you can always pull him later for a little power play!

I think it’s about how you use your Condon... I don’t think you want to pressure your Condon with use everyday. One would hate to overstretch their Condon’s ability. Also, Condon’s not likely to stand up to rough play. For standard, practical use, Condon offers some of your best solid coverage.

In this case, Chicago’s Condon has been put to the test, and we’ve seen what it can and can’t do. Though it’s been in the drawer for a while, still a reliable defence. I don’t think it’s novelty, but if it looks better than it performs it’ll likely end up being ribbed, for our pleasure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, greensman said:

A Condon is a great way to keep your team safe. You’ll definitely feel more protected, with your Condon protecting your five hole.

If I can't have Jacques Grande I'll just have to settle for the next best thing

Edited by Sludge
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Calgary Flames have signed forward Alexander Barabanov to a three year deal.

cgy.png Alexander Barabanov: 3 years, $ 3.45 million dollar contract ( $ 1,150,000.00 per season ).

Could turn out to be a great 2nd/3rd liner. Or nothing. Either way, only cost salary.

• Cheers 2

TEAM REPORT: New Jersey Devils stretching their lead over the 2nd place Jets from 37 to 45 points by the end of the night.

Solid 35 point night from 6 players tonight giving us an average of 5.8 PPG tonight.

GOOD NEWS: Defenseman Michal Kempny is due to slide into the lineup as early as Monday after being out all season thus far.

In other news rookie defenseman Vladislav Gavrikov ( acquired in the offseason along with Anthony Cirelli for New Jersey's 1st round pick in 2021 ) appears to have solidified his role in Columbus as a bottom pair/ depth defenseman, we expect to see an uptick in production now that Torts has confirmed his role on the team.

RUMOURS: aren't really swirling but its been suggested the team has nailed down a couple signings that will improve the team's depth and production as the season wears on.

Stay tuned!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed Joseph Blandisi to a two year contract.

small.png Joseph Blandisi - 2 year, $1.6 million dollar contract. ($800,000 per season)

(Postdated yesterday, Oct 13)

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, da.moose said:

Is @aGENT now an agent for UFA's?

canuck2xtreme will take offers from New Jersey or handle conflicts of interest offers or handle any overloads.

As aGENT is now handling ELC contracts he, like squeak used to provides an additional agent for again any conflicts or overloads or assistance if someone is unavailable.

greensman and _arby_18 ( thank you ) have also been used in this capacity.

In short, standard contracts are dealt with by myself or c2x, next in line is aGENT who actively handles ELC contracts.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

is there any other scoring line than pastrnak/ marchand in boston ?  lol 

Nick Seeler has played just 1 Time since i claimed him off the waivers  ... thought  minny would switch him around with carson soucy .

ross johnston playing his 2nd straight game ...wow  ...lol 

i shouldnt complain to much  though  

some nice picks the @Mike Vanderhoek  ...the rich just get richer ...lol :ph34r:;)

just makin fun ...good luck on thr run for the stanley cup :) 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone