The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Definitely not. I need to evaluate my players correctly. A 23 year old, 35-40 point first overall defenseman is probably worth a conditional 3rd.

I feel the same. Brock Nelson is worth that 5th Rd pick we dont have. That or a 35 yo washed up winger 

48 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yeah, I think we’d need to/should look at starting a lot earlier in the day, or spread it out over two days.

Yeah, not sure two days would be practical for most of us...hence why it's likely to stay at 4 rounds.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, not sure two days would be practical for most of us...hence why it's likely to stay at 4 rounds.

Only reason I suggested it is because, currently, 16 of the GMs in the league belong in other CDC leagues that stagger their draft several weeks. So, in all actuality, most (16 GMs have current experience) it would likely work for. Instead of one 6 hour draft, two 3 hour drafts.

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Yeah, I think we’d need to/should look at starting a lot earlier in the day, or spread it out over two days.

I am down for a 5th round addition but I do love the draft night "eParty" though....imo it can be anywhere from the last playoff game to the night of the real 1st round draft... but maybe just maybe we could consider the "main draft night" to be 93 picks long and have rounds 4 and 5 mailed in slow poke style with like 1 hour limits from the end of the main draft nite to the day of the real draft between 8am and 10pm? it would be a minimum of 10 picks a day..62 picks long: would need  to do our draft literally the Thursday, Friday or Saturday before the real NHL draft Saturday to ensure no overlap...easy peasy i think? but if we keep it all on one sitting OR split in two or something in the middle of both..i am easy. : )

• Upvote 1

INJURED RESERVE: The following players have been placed on injured reserve and backdated to the date of request.

small.png Hampus Lindholm (Nov. 11th)
small.png Jake DeBrusk (Nov. 12th)
small.png Scott Laughton (Nov. 13th)
small.png John Klingberg (Nov. 14th)
small.png Mark Letestu (Nov. 15th) 
small.png Colin Wilson (Nov. 17th)
small.png Patrik Nemeth (Nov. 17th)
small.png Bryan Little (Nov. 18th)
small.png Zach Bogosian (Nov. 18th)

small.png Trevor Moore (Nov. 18th)
small.png Patrick Eaves (Nov. 18th)

small.png Josh Manson (Nov. 18th)