The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

17 hours ago, greensman said:

F’d in the A. 

Looks like some potential positive movement for my hold out, so here's hoping I can cancel that Amazon order for the bulk tub of KY :lol: *fingers crossed*

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2.png

Current Blue Jackets Depth Chart;

Gourde  Dubois  Lindholm

Saad  Krejci  Shaw

Virtanen  Zacha  Carter

Hartman  Fischer  Motte

Sanheim  Pesce

Murray  DeMelo

Zadorov  Braun

Lehner

Blackwood

Cleveland Monsters;

Kaprizov  Dube  Puljujarvi

Dahlen  MacEwen  Highmore

Blidh  Lindberg  Howarth

Juolevi  Rafferty

Peeke  Tryamkin

Wotherspoon

DiPietro

Unsigned Prospects;

Dylan Cozens

We feel will have some good competition at training camp this season. We have worked diligently over the past 11 months to reshape this franchise from the bottom up. We feel we have achieved this goal by bringing in some extremely young talented players. Here is a list of our players new to the organization since our tenure started here last fall.

in the NHL:

Elias Lindholm

Yanni Gourde

Brandon Saad

David Krejci

Andrew Shaw

Jake Virtanen

Pavel Zacha

Ryan Hartman

Christian Fischer

Tyler Motte

Travis Sanheim

Brett Pesce

Dylan DeMelo

Nikita Zadorov

Robin Lehner

Mackenzie Blackwood

In the farm system:

Kirill Kaprizov

Dillon Dube

Jesse Puljujarvi

Jonathan Dahlen

Zack MacEwen

Andrew Peeke

Nikita Tryamkin

Tyler Wotherspoon

Brogan Rafferty

Michael DiPietro

We would like to take some time to thank our scouting staff for helping us find these quality players. We look forward to what we hope is a successful playoff run this spring! There is a lot of work left to do but we remain optimistic we can reach our goal of making the NHL playoffs! 

(Only 4 players from the previous GM's tenure remain: Pierre-Luc Dubois, Ryan Murray, Justin Braun, & Olli Juolevi)

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:38 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

Dates To Remember

Waivers Mandatory - September 20th @ 4:00pm Pacific Time
Regular Buyout window - September 23-30, 2019

Just a friendly reminder waivers become mandatory on September 20th, 2019 @ 4pm. 

Make sure you have your AHL/NHL rosters set by then to safeguard your prospects!

• Cheers 1

SIGNING: The San Jose Sharks s have signed 2019 draft pick Kaapo Kakko to a three-year entry-level deal.

small.png&key=687fe05e154997c5ef3062a6af Kaapo Kakko: 3 years, $10.725 million dollar contract ($950,000 per season plus $2,625,000 in bonuses each season - $3,575,000 AAV)

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2019 at 12:56 PM, aGENT said:

Here's a fun Monday morning question... 

With so many RFA's sitting unsigned IRL, if they do happen to pull a Nylander and sit out, are we allowed to put them on IR or 'something', or are we just F'd with an unproductive player on our roster (assuming most require and wouldn't clear waivers)?

I'm assuming that's the case but would be happy to hear otherwise. At least I won't likely be alone if it happens :lol:

Last year with Nylander I just placed him in my AHL to start the season because waivers aren't activated until the season starts.

As far as I am aware this is still the rule?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, da.moose said:

Last year with Nylander I just placed him in my AHL to start the season because waivers aren't activated until the season starts.

As far as I am aware this is still the rule?

23 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Just a friendly reminder waivers become mandatory on September 20th, 2019 @ 4pm. 

:) Waivers are off until Sept 20th. Feel free to send anyone down. Do remember though players who deserve playing time cannot be buried in the AHL indefinitely.

Edited by Rush17

23 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Do remember though players who deserve playing time cannot be buried in the AHL indefinitely.

dear GM`s... pay attention to those words.

the exec will be actively looking for flagrant violations this year. You don't want us helping you make decisions, do you?

• Upvote 1

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed 2019 draft pick Martin Fehervary to a three-year entry-level deal.

small.png&key=5c60ca578a93a4cc55a23d488e Martin Fehervary: 3 years, $2.625 million dollar contract ($825,000 per season plus $50,000 in bonuses each season - $875,000 AAV)

33 minutes ago, ThatMike said:

Question:

Are we able to trust the waiver eligibility info as listed on our spreadsheets, or is it up to us to know or not if a player needs to hit waivers.

@canuck2xtreme

IIRC, the league does it's best to keep that information up to date but GM's are responsible for ensuring players they waive meet the appropriate criteria:

Waivers Exemption Thresholds

23 years old or younger - 150 NHL game threshold (100 games for goaltenders)

24 years old or younger - 100 NHL game threshold (75 games for goaltenders)

26 years old or younger - 50 NHL game threshold (25 games for goaltenders)

To place a player on waivers, you simply post in the thread that you are placing that player on waivers. The waivers placement must be in it's own post and clearly phrased. Waivers assignments that do not follow this format will not be processed and the player will not be on waivers. Players will remain on waivers for 24 hours.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The Blues are STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL looking to move  G Jonathan Bernier.

A 4th Round Pick 2020 would be fine  for Teams who are looking for  a BACKUP Goalie .

I know he wasnt good last Season but may he will have a better Year in 19/20.

A solid Bottom 6 Player would be also interesting for the Blues 

The Blues are fine with their Depth Anderson/Ullmark/Kahkonen/Parsons/ Rodrigue 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Cheers 1