The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

10 hours ago, ThatMike said:

Question:

Are we able to trust the waiver eligibility info as listed on our spreadsheets, or is it up to us to know or not if a player needs to hit waivers.

@canuck2xtreme

9 hours ago, aGENT said:

IIRC, the league does it's best to keep that information up to date but GM's are responsible for ensuring players they waive meet the appropriate criteria:

i think it is a decent system here in the GML. If you waive a player they are waived...no player is above being placed on waivers by a club, as far as i know. Where you will need to double check and its fast to do it, honestly, is if you wanna send em down waiver free...and if mistakes are made on that end, no one gets hurt since it can be undone in a tidy way. : )

I would defer to always checking if you want to send a player down without waivers as mistakes in those posts get snickered at by your fellow GM's

;p

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 1

I am up to the middle of page 26 on page updates.

Also, if you have a backup goaltender available for a cap hit under $1.1 million, let me know, as I am looking.

To answer a few questions I've had lately, waivers kick in Sept 20th this year.  I got a number of people mentioning how they didn't like that teams were able to bury waivers required players at the last minute last year, so we've made this small adjustment.

Injured reserve is available now to any team to place an injured player on IR, but as always, a source must be provided.

More coming this afternoon. Off to walk the pup

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I am up to the middle of page 26 on page updates.

Also, if you have a backup goaltender available for a cap hit under $1.1 million, let me know, as I am looking.

To answer a few questions I've had lately, waivers kick in Sept 20th this year.  I got a number of people mentioning how they didn't like that teams were able to bury waivers required players at the last minute last year, so we've made this small adjustment.

Injured reserve is available now to any team to place an injured player on IR, but as always, a source must be provided.

More coming this afternoon. Off to walk the pup

LITR Requests to your Inbox? 

Also, fair warning everyone!

The regular season begins on October 2nd. Deadline to get your rosters in for opening day is 12pm noon on October 2nd. 

HOWEVER!

I will be out of town for a mini vacation from October 2nd to the 5th. As always, updates will be completed ASAP and I will get anything I’ve missed done on the 5th for sure. But if you want to guarantee your roster is in for day one, try to submit your roster on October 1st. Thanks! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

But if you want to guarantee your roster is in for day one, try to submit your roster on October 1st. Thanks! 

Or before...::D

Mine should be good to go (barring other injuries etc) FWIW. I believe John Moore will be going on IR once BOS gets their IRL roster set which should give me a spot to bring up whoever of Smith, Anderson or perhaps Fitzgerald makes their NHL squads out of camp. But that's all wait and see for now :) 

If I wait much longer, I’ll definitely forget to set my lineup:

Calgary Flames

Alex Galchenyuk - Kyle Connor - Phil Kessel

Andreas Johnsson - Nazem Kadri - Nick Schmaltz

Oskar Lindblom - Alex Iaffalo - Tyler Toffoli 

Oula Palve - Nick Bonino - Vitali Kravtsov 

Alexandre Texier

Aaron Ekblad - Erik Karlsson 

Jacob Larsson - Cody Ceci

Zdeno Chara - Robert Bortuzzo

Connor Hellebuyck 

Anton Khudobin

@canuck2xtreme

• Upvote 1

Minnesota Wild training camp roster 

Robert Thomas  - Mikael Backlund - Corry Perry 

Brandon Pirri - Travis Zajac - Martin Necas 

Taro Hirose - Vladimir Sobotka - Jesper Fast 

Trevor Lewis - Sheldon Dries - JT Brown 

Jared Spurgeon - Samuel Girard 

Brent Seabrook - Braydon Coburn 

Carl Gunnarsson - Trevor Dayley 

Casey Nelson 

Brian Elliot 

Jack Campbell 

Minors 

Ryan Gropp - Jimmy Huntington - Ty Ronning 

Josh Jooris 

Gabriel Carlsson - Otto Lesikinen 

Andrew Shortridge 

Unsigned prospects: Serron Noel, Joe Veleno, Cole Caufield, Philip Tomasino, Nils Hoglander, Patrik Puitsola, Robert Mastrosimone, Mathias Emilio Pettersen, Dustin Wolf, Dimitri Voronkov, Mathias Macceli, Alex Beaucage, Aaron Huglen, Alexander Daryin, Daniil Gutik 

Draft picks: 2 firsts, 4 seconds, 3 thirds, 3 fourths. 

We couldn't be happier with are first year and a bit here with the Wild. When we took over this team we knew we had to get younger as my only player under 24 was Gabriel Carlsson and now we have tons of top end young talent. We are excited for what the future holds with this squad and who knows maybe we could surprise some teams this year. 

• Cheers 1